NEW Disney Marvel MUPPET comics!

beaker

Reaction score
Sadly there was no Up magazine, but there was a Tangled movie magazine and I think a Bolt one. Every November tentpole seems to have one, so there's a good chance. Tron Legacy had one, as did Toy Story 3. I'm just hoping we get more than the Star Wars figures Muppet toy wise:smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
If that's the case, one just might happen yet. I just hope they don't publish a comic adaption of the movie. I STILL don't understand why that's ever a good idea. I mean, the thing's an advertisement of the movie... why then put the movie in it?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Another interesting development as far as Cars goes.

A 2 part movie novelization in standard comic book form with the label "Disney comics."

I'm wondering if this is a sub-line from Marvel or what. So, I'm not saying we could get other Muppet comics just yet. This IS just the standard movie merchandise comic novelization after all, but still... the fact there's a "Disney comics" line makes me wonder...

j3h

Reaction score
There's a new Disney comics app for iPad & iPhone...it does not have the boom created titles or material, though it does have some pixar content. It is NOT part of the Marvel app, nor is it even made by comicology. I think yhe contents are From the Disney magazines maybe? In the settings you can select alerts for when new content arrives by character...you can select monsters Inc, toy story, wall-e, jack sparrow, tron, tangled, and so on...BUT NO MUPPETS.

Through the marvel comics app, I sent in feedback asking if they will put up the Muppets since Marvel now had the rights. I got back the generic form response (note, it doesn't even acknowledge "Muppets") :

Marvel app said:
Thank you for contacting Marvel Comics with your content suggestion.

We are constantly reviewing our large library to determine which titles should be added to the Marvel Comics App. We encourage all content suggestions as we use them in assessing the demand for a given character or fan favorite series.

Don’t forget that to check back every Tuesday as there are over 40 new titles for sale so you’ll have plenty of comics to choose from!

Thank you for your business.

Sincerely,

Marvel Comics App
So I guess if you want digital marvel Muppets, summit your request through the app's feedback option in settings.

Drtooth

Reaction score
BTW, this is out now, at least in comic book stores. I didn't get an overall good look at it, didn't seem to be edited. it had logoless covers breaking up chapters and I didn't detect any ads (the Cars one had some ads for Marvel comics, but only a few and they broke up chapters). But I also didn't notice if it had any subscription cards. Noticed one for Cars, though. And the paper may be higher quality than that one too, but I'm not sure.

Here's the cover...

Other than that, there's nothing much added to it. So, if you missed the comics, reprints, graphic novels, and basically couldn't find anything until now, you can pick it up... maybe wait a week or two to hit news stands.

j3h

Reaction score
I asked Joe Q at SDCC about marvel's plans for the Muppets...
Only reprints being released 1 every 3 months. No new material in the plans.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I asked Joe Q at SDCC about marvel's plans for the Muppets...
Only reprints being released 1 every 3 months. No new material in the plans.

Which basically means we have to wait a year or more for the freaking last arc. And that's if it continues.

Seriously... why couldn't they get a sub-license for reprints and let Boom at least FINISH the thing before it was cancelled.

dwmckim

Reaction score
Saw it in the comic st0re to delighted surprise (mainly because i wasn't expecting to see it as i hadn't heard any announcement or hint it would be out this week) but i was actually kind of disappointed when i looked at it - i mean i knew it wouldn't have new content or anything but i was struck by two things:

1) the colors just looked really dull compared to the prior incarnations (individual comic books and Boom! paperback) - some of the "life" just seemed lost.

2) really don't like the cover. I thought maybe it was one of several possible covers though from what i can tell so far, that is actually The cover. Just seeing one Muppet on a collection all about (and titled!) meeting the Muppets (four of which having their own focus on each story) just seemed really incongruent plus the art style of the cover is so girly and frau-frau and a total mismatch to the style inside.

beaker

Reaction score
Holy molie, that's a TERRIBLE cover. Yeah I definitely am not buying this.

What is going on with Disney? So far they are getting almost everything wrong with their "buildup" to the film.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I think they're trying to get some tween girl interest in the Muppets. That's the only reason for such a terrible girlie cover.