1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

New DARK CRYSTAL statues!

Discussion in 'Fantasy Worlds' started by Laszlo, Apr 24, 2011.

1. Laszlo

Laszlo Member

2. muppetperson

muppetperson Well-Known Member

These sculptures look OK to me, but I guess with your sculpture experience, you can pick things up that others dont see.Thanks for the link.
  3. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

These are a little steep, but I dig the gelflings. It's somewhat smoothed-down and over-simplified style, but it works for them. I'd get them if I had the cash. :scary:

The fact that Neca has already produced a better Jereth in action figure form at a $14.99 price point makes this version of him at for $100 more seem inappropriate. Maybe this is just the prototype, but they've nailed the likeness in other sculptures. However, the tight pants gave me a giggle. :eek:
  4. Laszlo

Laszlo Member

Exactly. NECA did 2 amazing Jareth figures. This one looks cheap in comparison.
    I must say NECA did the best sculptures so far. Their Skeksis is also excellent.
  5. JMPrater

JMPrater Member

I'm waiting to see Laszlo's Kira, wings and all. These statues/figures are pretty cool, and the closest looking to the actual puppets themselves. I think I'm gonna shell out for the Jen/Kira duet.
  6. Laszlo

Laszlo Member

Thanks! :) I hope I will finish her BEFORE DC2 hits the screens. ;)
  7. JMPrater

JMPrater Member

Power of the Dark Crystal will NEVER hit the screens. Just a hunch on my end.
  8. BoomerangFish

BoomerangFish Member

yeah the 12 inch Jareth by NECA is definitely the best... far more detailed and accurate than that expensive statue!
  9. Laszlo

Laszlo Member

C mon... just be patient. New official release date is 2025 ! ;)
  10. Laszlo

Laszlo Member

I asked Knucklebonz about this. Here is their reply:

"Thanks for your interest. We are in the early stages and our master sculpture is still in design stages with the Henson people trying to get it just right. So look for some changes and updates coming soon. I believe these will not be complete until late this year. Keep checking back for updates.

Thanks
    Knucklebonz,Inc"

So, there is still hope!
  11. BoomerangFish

BoomerangFish Member

12. Mystic Master

Mystic Master Member

The Jen with Crystal statue is pretty cool - I wouldnt mind owning one of those, but the statue with Kira doesnt look too great, same goes for the Labyrinth statue - the previously released action figure is better.
  13. Pepe'sgal90

Pepe'sgal90 Member

agreed :)