New Creations, anyone?

scarylarrywolf

Reaction score
I just got finished with a school play and I was SOOOOO excited to get to do set design because our play was a conglomeration of fairy tale elements and I got to design a big dragon head puppet!! :smile: :big_grin: I designed the pattern and everything and the whole thing actually worked -- and in front of a live audience! So I just had to share it with you guys. Here's a picture of it from the play (incidentally, I designed the castle sets in there too :big_grin: ):

Drayfarx the Dragon

So, what all have you guys been up to lately? Kevin, I want to see your Mahna Mahna -- that'd be a tough one to tackle, but I'm sure you're making quite a replica!

--"Scary" Larry Wolf

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
WOW! Dragon looks super good!!!!!!

Mahna is on hold (pun intended--get it? puppet? hold?) until I get orange and emerald green long pile shag fur. I want it to be RIGHT when it's done.

I'm going to go ahead and start on the second one, the worst of the 2 will be auctioned off. I may be making another Chef.

The giant Muley head and feet are due in within the next 3 weeks (I'm not making those) for a full-body costume (Walt Disney World-esque) of my cartoon/puppet character. Can't wait for that.

Outside of that, when the head and feet come in with all my left-over material, a pal of mine and I are going to work side-by-side and make up 4 more Muley puppets, one of which will be a completely poseable puppet. Then, I plan to remake the whole cast. The version 1.0's of all the cast look---um---rough.

Love your dragon tho!

FOZ

puppets_etc

Reaction score
Lookin Good!

I just finished a black light moon puppet (prototype of a larger one I used in a church puppet show) for my Art Appreciation class. Turned out pretty good. I forgot to take pictures this morning, so I'll post them when I get home Thursday nite. Unfortunately, I spray painted in the garage last nite, and there is florescent yellow paint dust EVERYWHERE, including on my green truck:eek: !

doctort13

Reaction score
I finished (with help from my wife Lara) a sea monster hand puppet that has been named Cyril. His first public appearance was at the first ever puppetSLAM on April 5th. I perfromed Cyril as the monster of ceremonies and raised over$300 for the Cincinnati Area Puppetry Guild!

I'll post a photo if anyone wants to see a sea monster of ceremonies named Cyril. See ya! :stick_out_tongue:

puppets_etc

Reaction score
Originally posted by doctort13
I'll post a photo if anyone wants to see a sea monster of ceremonies named Cyril. See ya! :stick_out_tongue:
I'll show you mine, if you show me yours!:halo: (tommorrow)

Deb:flirt:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Originally posted by doctort13
I'll post a photo if anyone wants to see a sea monster of ceremonies named Cyril. See ya!
YES! Post piccies!!

scarylarrywolf

Reaction score
WOW!!!!!!! That is AMAZING! Did you actually make that or buy it? Do the eyelids move like the authentic Animal?

That is truley one of the most impressive recreations I've seen.

--"Scary" Larry Wolf

vaderdentist

Reaction score
I supplied a local professional puppet maker with my old Fisher Price Animal from the 70's and she made the puppet. I have heavily altered his head though and I plan on doing more to accurize him. Yes his eyelids do move.........a very cool feature. He is also a rod puppet.
Dave :smile:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Hey gang, I may have found the green fur I need to complete Mahna Mahna!! YAY!!

Great Animal puppet, by the way!!!