New Collector: Where do I Start?

fuzzydice82

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I'm new to the forums and brand new to the Palisades line of Muppets action figures. (Yes, I am aware that I'm really late to the party.)

I bought a couple of cheaper figures over the past two weeks on eBay and Amazon, but as I've found out, and you all already know, filling out a collection could become quite expensive.

My question to you is, knowing what you know from your own collecting, if you were starting your collection right now, where would you start?

I was able to get a regular Fozzie, Stepping out Fozzie, Sweetums, Pigs in Space playset, and EB exclusive Miss Piggy for pretty good prices. From there, I'm not sure where to focus my collection (and my wife told me to stop buying Muppets until I sell some other colelctibles...like I said I would a year ago).

I plan to open all figures and play with them and create dioramas on the shelves in my home office, so I'm not necessarily looking for unopened, mint figures.

Since I was able to get the Pigs in Space playset for cheap ($20), I was thinking of finishing that off first.

I would love to hear your thoughts and strategy for where to go from here. Thanks in advance.

GonzoLover85

Reaction score
My advice would be to try and collect at least one version of all of the characters. Granted some characters are harder to find at a decent price than others. ie)Rowlf, Zoot, Lips to name a few
After you've got the mains start collecting the variants.
Then there's the exclusives, the megas, and the minis.
After this point, it's pretty much up to you where you want to go. Something many people have done is to buy up some doubles and make some customizations of the characters they didn't make.

Reaction score
I started my collection by buying all of the playsets and most of the figures for around $500. This included Jim Henson and many other exclusives still new in box.

Look for a deal like that.

beaker

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I'm new to the forums and brand new to the Palisades line of Muppets action figures. (Yes, I am aware that I'm really late to the party.)

I bought a couple of cheaper figures over the past two weeks on eBay and Amazon, but as I've found out, and you all already know, filling out a collection could become quite expensive.

My question to you is, knowing what you know from your own collecting, if you were starting your collection right now, where would you start?

I was able to get a regular Fozzie, Stepping out Fozzie, Sweetums, Pigs in Space playset, and EB exclusive Miss Piggy for pretty good prices. From there, I'm not sure where to focus my collection (and my wife told me to stop buying Muppets until I sell some other colelctibles...like I said I would a year ago).

I plan to open all figures and play with them and create dioramas on the shelves in my home office, so I'm not necessarily looking for unopened, mint figures.

Since I was able to get the Pigs in Space playset for cheap ($20), I was thinking of finishing that off first.

I would love to hear your thoughts and strategy for where to go from here. Thanks in advance.
Dang, if you had posted this a year ago you would have been in luck! I had virtually every Palisades Muppet thing in existence, but sold most of it all off in a couple of crazy cheap lots to make room for my move.

fuzzydice82

Reaction score
That's okay Beaker, it wouldn't be the first time I miss out on a good deal. But if anyone else is looking to sell a good collection to a new collector, I'm all ears.

GonzoLover85, I'm not sure that I want EVERY character...yet :smile: But I am starting to see which ones carry a higher (inflated) eBay value. Some of my favorites might be hard to come by.

BillyBobJackson, did you find that deal on eBay, through these forums, or somewhere else? As I mentioned in the original post, I'm going to want to set up display dioramas of many of the Muppet show sketches. Having all the playsets would help that goal tremendously, but at this time, people selling some of the playsets on eBay are charging ridiculous prices.

Thanks for the input and the help everyone.

Cujo

Reaction score
Fuzzy Dice-

This may be you lucky post. I am getting ready to sell my entire loose Muppets Palisades collection. I am an adult collector that had them all at one time. I took them off their cards and have them in a display case. They are all Mint and complete. There are too many to post,(60 plus figures from series 1-9) but you can private message me and I will go over the etire lot and send pictures

Backstage set with Rowlf, Pigs in space set boxed, Lab playset boxed, Jim Henson figure, Large Beaker/Animal/gongo, Mini swedish chef and bunsen, extra stands.

Look forward to hearing from you..

Reaction score
That's okay Beaker, it wouldn't be the first time I miss out on a good deal. But if anyone else is looking to sell a good collection to a new collector, I'm all ears.

GonzoLover85, I'm not sure that I want EVERY character...yet :smile: But I am starting to see which ones carry a higher (inflated) eBay value. Some of my favorites might be hard to come by.

BillyBobJackson, did you find that deal on eBay, through these forums, or somewhere else? As I mentioned in the original post, I'm going to want to set up display dioramas of many of the Muppet show sketches. Having all the playsets would help that goal tremendously, but at this time, people selling some of the playsets on eBay are charging ridiculous prices.

Thanks for the input and the help everyone.
I actually found the collection on kijiji during a google search; someone in Ontario, Canada had posted an ad.

Good luck with your collection. I still need a few more figures.

morthimmer

Reaction score
Hello Cujo, I just read your January message about you'll selling your palisades loose figures collection. Do you still have some of them? Will you shipp to Spain?

I'm interested on get Statler & Waldorf, Animal and the Stage playset, Pops and Zoot.

Thank you.