new collecting tool

Luke

Reaction score
Can you explain a little more about how you use the site ?

NeMario

Reaction score
How it works... the short version

Once a user creates an account, they have access to a database tool to track things they own, want to own, want to trade, just about anything.

The system consists of:

Items: Items are "things" like a Palisades Kermit figure. These items can be added by an administrator to be used by the general public. They can also be added by users of the system. A user can make an item in the database, and they choose who can see it. They can make their item available for any user to add to one of their lists, or make it a private item that only they can use.

Lists: Simply put this is a collection of Items, that can be grouped.

List Items: A list item is when you take and add an item to a list. You can put that item on a list, attach a value to it, like "I have one of these". In addition you can group and order items on a list to create dynamic lists organized just about anyway you want them organized.

So for example, I currently maintain 4 lists myself. I have a list of my sportspicks figures, grouped by series that they came out and whether they are variations, repaints, etc... I also have a list of the Muppet Show figures, in addition to a want list and a trade list. The MS figure list and Sportspick list, I have the quantity that I own in the "value" field, so that I can track how many I own. On my trade list page I have the condition of the packagin and the quantity, and any other identifying characteristics.

There is a link to my lists on the front page that are good example of some of things that can be done with the tool... it's not real pretty yet, but it's evolving slowly but surely. I'm open to suggestions if there's something you'd like to see.

Questions, comments???

Luke

Reaction score
Wow - it sounds really cool now you've explained it. So basically people can trade their Muppet figures and merchandise with other collectors through the database. Great idea !