1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

New Book: "Memoirs of a Muppets Writer" by Joseph A. Bailey

Discussion in 'Henson People' started by Phillip, Dec 14, 2011.

1. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

We'd like to encourage everybody to check out this GREAT new book "Memoirs of a Muppets Writer" by Muppet veteran, Joe Bailey. This is a must read and would make a great gift for any Muppet fan. There are some fantastic stories here that have never been told about how many of the most classic Muppet moments came to be (1970's Sesame Street, The Muppet Show, Christmas Eve on Sesame Street, the albums - Bert and Ernie's Sing-Along and The Count Counts and more).

Find out all the info on the book and order your copy here.

Muppet fan 123 and KermieBaby47 like this.
  2. KermieBaby47

KermieBaby47 Well-Known Member

Sounds like another great Muppety book!! :)
  3. Puckrox

Puckrox Well-Known Member

Oooooh I know what I'm going to be buying for myself when I go out to finish my Xmas shopping. ;)
  4. Kermieuk

Kermieuk Well-Known Member

Does anyone else have this book?? I got mine today. It's paperback and there are no pics inside just text, I guess I was just expecting bigger, hardback and images!

Chris
  5. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Well he is a writer, it makes sense the emphasis would be on text. ;)
  6. Buck-Beaver

Buck-Beaver Active Member

There are probably no images because of licensing/rights issues.
  7. theSHE124

theSHE124 Active Member

Still, it sounds like something I might read. As I heard from a sign in Pixar studio, 'Story is King'.:wisdom:
    (George the Janitor walks into the scene)
    (GEORGE: You typed?)
  8. Muppetfan44

Muppetfan44 Active Member

This book is AMAZING!! The stories in here are wonderful. You get a real inside look into the Muppets through his career and definitely one of the best books I have ever read as a muppet fan. You definitely need to get this book!
  9. MrBloogarFoobly

MrBloogarFoobly Well-Known Member

It's an excellent book. Pity it is not a more widespread publication. Anyone with an interest in the Muppets, Sesame Street, or just television writing in general, would benefit from reading it.
  10. SpookyMania

SpookyMania Member

Just finished reading this yesterday. Not only does Bailey have some fascinating stories to tell, but some really great advice for writers as well. Really happy I got this.
  11. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

In a perfect world, anyone who ever worked for the Muppets would write a book like this - a little bit of history on how they got there, then a series of great stories of what went on there.