New Billboard: Kermit Living his Dreams in Time Square

Muppetfreak

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Sorry yet again for not posting in a while. As many of you know, I cannot really since I work for Sesame Street.

Two things: #1 I wanted to go to the Lost Works of Jim Henson seminar because it was on the day before my birthday among other things and it was sold out when I called weeks before so this depressed me greatly. If anyone went and can tell me how it was, please let me know.

#2 Does anyone have a picture or know where a person could get a picture of the Kermit the Frog Foundation for a Better Life billboard in Times Square? I think it is incredibly cool but I never seem to remember my camera when I am in Times Square and I am rarely there to begin with. Its the one that says Live Your Dreams.

Thanks gang!

I really miss talking to you all! :frown:

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hey Hill! Great to hear from you. Hope all is going well with your new job.

Here's an article about the new billboard...

http://www.muppetcentral.com/news/2003/100703.shtml

We're looking for pictures of this as well. Somebody should be able to get some good shots for us so that we can put them on the site.

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
I took several pictures of this the other day - I didn't know it existed until I looked up and saw it in Times Square. I'll download the photos from my camera and send them to you later this afternoon, hopefully they will be helpful.

Lunatic Daring

Reaction score
Yes, it warmed my heart to be greeted by Kermie in Times Sq...I never bring a camera to NYC, but the image is mentally emblazend into my brain
:big_grin:

Sloely

Reaction score
I just went to visit NYC for the first time this wk and saw the billboard. It was wonderful! I walked across the street and looked up and there he was! Warmed my heart as well! Cant wait to get my film developed. And I wanted to go the seminar too, cause it WAS my bday on the 15th, but I had to work.

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
If anyone wants to see another photo, I have one posted in my Blog. Pretty much the same thing, but a different angle and cropped a little wider.

http://www.bear-town.com/blog2.htm

You'll have to scroll down the page a bit to see it...it's part of the October 14th entry. Above it there is also a photo of the Avenue Q marquee in case anyone is interested.

Spicy Bubbles

Reaction score
I realize this thread is about the billboard in Times Square, but I was driving east out of Youngstown, OH last Sunday and this billboard was posted by the side of the highway. It's really funny, because I was having a slightly crappy work day, and so when I saw the billboard it brightened my day immensely. It also made me swerve a little out of surprise, but I didn't hit anything! :smile:

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
that's great! Maybe good ol' okleehomee can get one (I can dream, can't I?)