1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

New Article On Jim Henson's Puppet Improv

Discussion in 'Henson Alternative' started by tomahawk, Aug 10, 2006.

1. tomahawk

tomahawk Member

2. It's an interesting article and I would like to check out the show. What do you guys think about them calling it "Jim Henson's puppet improv"? Do you think there will be a controversy about that since it is much more adult? I know Jim Henson snuck in some adult humor into his shows, but this seems to be much more so.
  3. tomahawk

tomahawk Member

I personally have no problem with them using Jim's name. After all it is coming out of the company he pretty much founded.
  4. TheJimHensonHour

TheJimHensonHour New Member

I don't Mind them using Jim's name it's a good show and it reminds me allot of him and what he was about...so even though they swear i don't mind Jim even did every once in awhile joking around.
    I always find it so funny that muppet fans get up in arms about dirty jokes when Jim wasn't afraid to throw a dirty joke in his shows or movies.
    They also use allot of very nice puppets in the shows some from city kids, some whatnots I haven't seen in years, as well as some jim henson hour looking stuff, also I think the one little guy is from animals jam but I could be wrong...never watched that show it annoyed me lol, Oh and they used the muppet mink that has been on a number of jims shows.
  5. KermieBaby47

KermieBaby47 Well-Known Member

Great article, glad Henson Co. is getting some spotlight time. Would love to actually see the show in person sometime, improv is the best.

Oh, and I don't think Piggy would blush at all. :D
  6. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

It all really depends on what level of adult humor a show uses. Adult humor can be witty and sophisticated, or it can be tasteless.
  7. Tim

Tim Member

Sad..truly sad.

If you can't be good, be dirty, I guess.

I'm sure this will REALLY help them with Disney!
  8. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

Well thought out Tim.
  9. tomahawk

tomahawk Member

Why would they want help from Disney on this? This is a totally seperate deal. It has nothing to do with the Muppets. And have you even seen the show? Or are you just trying to take some imaginary high road?
  10. a_Mickey_Muppet

a_Mickey_Muppet Well-Known Member

I know! I'm gettin sick of it too.... People Disney has NOTHIN to do with the JHC, just the Muppets! remeber they BOUGHT the Muppets from JHC 2 years ago now! mannn.... you think 99% of other Muppet fans would know this by now! :rolleyes: :smirk:
  11. Kimp the Shrimp

Kimp the Shrimp Active Member

It Is Playing In Scotland - Glassboro(sp?) Film Festival

This Week

12. I know exactly what you mean. Very well said.
  13. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Aw, thanks!
  14. Lynnette

Lynnette Member

There's another thread here on this topic and some people are going or have already gone to see the improv show. Just FYI.

-Lynnette
  15. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

16. Punch'n'Judy

Punch'n'Judy New Member

This show is selling particularly well at Edinburgh at the moment...whilst some fans are against it the public in general are loving it. I saw three performances this week, which were all very well attended. Please remember that they are doing a seperate Kids improv show which is completley clean, and that whilst the Adult show has an adult only audience a lot of the material is clean, sketches I saw included people being layed off from insurance companies and cavemen talking about wigs. It's not all smut, and it's certainly worth going if only to see Julianne Buescher perform.
  17. TheJimHensonHour

18. TheJimHensonHour

it's not sad it's amazing this is a one of a kind concept and I have to say I'm quite happy the henson company are doing new wonderfully creative things.
    The show it's self is not dirty...it's very funny I couldn't stop laughing most of the time.
    And if the show ends up being dirty it's because of the audience not Brian and his crew.
    And seriously what does Disney have to do with any of this...seriously some times I wonder arg.
  19. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Well isn't one of the puppets the possum on Statler and Waldorf at the movies and the koala from Animal Jam? Look at Mopatop in the UK or that Australian Jim Henson animal show; they all used and interchanged Muppets from all different eras and productions.

I myself never saw a seperation between Sesame Street, Bear In the Big Blue House, Fraggle Rock, Muppet Show, etc other than legal technicalities.
    So to me aside from creature shop/fantasy, anything coming from Jim Henson is still Muppet universe to me.
  20. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Now that's what I call true democracy:)