Never Ending Search For Family Christmas UNCUT

Reaction score
I am at a loss! At first I thought I might actually be loosing my mind, but I KNEW I had seen the correct full length version of the Family Christmas favorite years ago and I already own a vhs tape (watch it SEVERAL times a year as it is my favorite!) that is the cut version, but for the life of me I can not find anyone with the UNCUT version. In my research I have been told that it is due to rights and such but it seems that there are sooooo many of us looking for this wonderful old classic in its original state that the cost of the rights would seem to be covered in sales with correct promotion--meaning state that it IS the correct version and they will fly off the shelves! Oh how I wish I had not accidentally recorded over my Nickelodeon version from years back.........does anyone out there have this???????

Jeffrey Gray

Reaction score
Cantus Rock has the uncut version from Nickelodeon (and the original ABC airing, also uncut)...

Jeffrey Gray

Reaction score
He's a member of this forum...Cantus Rock, can't you introduce yourself?

Reaction score
Thanks for the update! I knew of the Cantus that had to do with Fraggle Rock, but I was uncertain of who Cantus Rock was - thought something was out there that I did not know about.:stick_out_tongue:

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
Hi greatoldies4you

You can get the uncut special commercialy in the UK

click here

Hope it helps :wink:

Later

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
Thank you much, but this looks the same as the US version--42 minutes also. The only way I know the uncut version is if it has the scene where Fozzie is talking to the snowman OUTSIDE-not just bringing him inside for the joke scene. Do you possibly know if this version has this in it? Much appreciate for the link too!

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
Thank you much, but this looks the same as the US version--42 minutes also. The only way I know the uncut version is if it has the scene where Fozzie is talking to the snowman OUTSIDE-not just bringing him inside for the joke scene. Do you possibly know if this version has this in it? Much appreciate for the link too!
What I think's it that UK running time is shorter than the US's running time (involes with 24 frames a sec. :confused: )

I'm almost certain that all Muppet specials that has been cut has never been on UK video...... I hope :wink:

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
Thanks much! I just e-mailed blackstar and hopefully they will give me the news I have been waiting for--if they do not know for certain if it is or not I will probably end up buying it anyway just to take the chance that it is the correct one. I REALLY appreciate the link as I ran into a dead end here in the US. I have also written to Brian Henson begging him to re-release the uncut one, probably won't make a difference but as least I can say I tried. :wink:

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
greatoldies4you

I found this which also could help you. I have this boxset which is uncut version

See ya

MuppetDanny