Netflix's F is for Family

mr3urious

Reaction score
I admit, watching the first episode I had doubts about this show since it seemed to fall into the same trap so many others of its kind fall into with vulgarity (like with the little redneck boy who's still in diapers despite way past the age of growing out of them) and mean-spiritedness (with some of the racist jokes and the main character's profanity-drenched outbursts toward his family), but as I saw the remaining episodes there's actually a really good heart with some strong characters underneath all that. Frank Murphy may be a washout who suffers through a crap job with horribly corrupt staff and lashes out against his family and the universe, anyone else who threatens them will feel his wrath.

The '70s setting gives off a unique vibe to the show, and allows it to make various jokes about political correctness and incorrectness. I also love how the 6-episode season had a whole overarching subplot about Frank brown-nosing the CEO of the airline he works for that led to fighting a workers' strike that would risk his job along with his whole company going under. Those are the sorts of things that make adult animation work, and more than make up for F's shortcomings.

Bring on the 2nd season, Netflix! :smile: