Need some calming, encouraging words...please?

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Been awhile since I've decided to rant in public (not just my club, The RHLC) about my problems.

Well, first off: I have a new record, I do not believe anyone can top in these forums. I only was able to keep a job for 4 days. 4 working days. I was hired on Thursday, and fired on Tuesday. And I didn't work on Saturday or Sunday. That was nearly 2 weeks ago.

I'm $75.65 in the hole with my bank. Just great. I also nearly got into a car accident a couple of weeks ago, banged my head against the steering wheel, and my chest has been bruised for quite sometime over it. (My airbag isn't connected, and my large chest served as said airbag for myself. :cry: )

Also, in 5 days my boyfriend/fiancee Stephen is arriving via Grayhound bus lines. We've told my parents he has a Round-Trip Ticket. (he's 22, I'm 20)

Well, he dosn't. He wasn't able to afford a Round-Trip ticket, and he was only able to afford a One-Way. I had figured I'd still be working, and be able to help him with the rest of his ticket, or I'd move up there, or something, and it's just all TOO MUCH FOR ME LATELY.

I feel like ripping all my hair out and screaming out loud to the heavens! Everything is just seemingly falling apart in my hands, it's not much granted, and I've got a lot to be thankful for, yes. But what I'm wanting to strive for is just dissolving infront of my eyes!

I just need to rant and scream and get it out of my system I think, but I keep getting pushed back by my parents. (Whom I still live with.) And please, anybody who is Christian, please do not take offence by this, this is not meant to be personal against Christianity.

My parents are always shoving the LORD down my throat. I can't tell them I'm not really a Christian anymore, because they'll probably think I'm possessed by the Devil or some stuff like that. I can't really flourish into who I am, because what I enjoy (not perverted stuff, but it just dosn't fit into what Christians should like) isn't what they'd want me to enjoy.

I want to enjoy going to a nightclub with my friends. Well, friend; Kelly. Just a single nightclub, not to get boozed up, or to cruise for men. Just to go to dance, and enjoy sometime out with people (more then likely) our own age.

Mother demands that if I go to a nightclub, I must DRAG my friend Kelly (who isn't Christian, but sorta Wiccian) to church one Sunday. I want to go to a nightclub. She dosn't want to go to Church. She had a bad experience with church parishoners when she was younger. A very tramatic experience. I will not make her go to someplace that has bad connocations for her.

I just keep hitting a brick wall all the time. It's like living with Miss Piggy, Bible-Beating Edition! It's INSANE sometimes.

...thanks for listening to my rant guys/gals. That is all.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Jeez, why is everyone converting from Christianity to atheism lately? Is there some sort of special attraction coming to **** sometime or something? Is Satan baking cookies and having lemonade or something? What's up with this?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Well, as a Catholic, I don't think there's anything wrong with wanting to go to a club if you just want to have a good time. It sounds like you don't want to do things that will just cause trouble, and that's good. It can be hard living with your parents, it's hard for everyone. Hopefully as you get older things will get easier.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
*sarcastically* Thanks so much, D'Snowth. =D *normally* Oh well. Figures I'd hit this wall eventually. No. I'm not just "converting" from Christianity to Atheism. I'm more just...I know there is a God, but I don't feel the need to go to church anymore, and it's hard with my Mother who really is old-fashioned bible-preaching type of woman.

And it's really grating against me.

And also ironically -- I'm drinking Crystal Light Lemonade right now.

------ And thank you Heralde, D'Snowth for your words. At least I've got somebody to talk to around here.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey Sara... First off... *Careful hugs.
Now then... Yeah, I understand. Personally, I'm not all that big on the crux of ubber-importance religion needs to have. Don't call me an athest, cause that's not what I am. No, I prefer to think of myself as a panthiest. What's that mean? It means I believe in everything; or so as not to sound so gullible, I believe in all that which I choose to believe in. If I believe there are ghosts and demons and unicorns in the world, then who's to say to me they don't exist? Someone will, but that won't change anything, as I'll go on believing in what I believe in.

If that made any sense, and yes, dollars too... Just take a deep breath and try to get one thing resolved at a time. You know there's a mountain of stuff to do, but hopefully it'll get smaller or you'll learn that it's part of living that thing we call "a life" here.
Again, hope everything goes well. And know that you'll always have Scooter to talk to or go-fer a calming cup of whatever it is you drink.
*Confidentially, I drink Crystal Light non-stop too cause it's what my mom insists on and I've learned to live with it... For now at least.
Cheer up Sara, things'll get better.

Katzi428

Reaction score
Hi Sara,
I'm trying to think of what to say without hurting anyone or causing a fight.
First of all,I'm sorry about you losing your job that you only had for 4 days.That rots BIG time! Hopefully you'll find something else soon.
I'm sorry about your almost accident but extremely relieved that you're OK!
Now...about your parents telling what to do regarding religion. You're 20 as you said so you do have some say in the matter about going to church,as well as your friend going to church.Naturally you can't tell your parents to back off about religion (tempting as it may be.) without you getting into a fight w/them.
I just wish I could tell you what to do about your fiance coming to stay with you since he only has a one way ticket & you both thought you could get a ticket going both ways. All I can say is try to hang in there regarding everything you've told us.

Luke

Reaction score
Hey it's not all bad, you've got a built in airbag, you've got a boyfriend who can't leave you, your turning to devil worship (no need to buy a halloween costume in the coming months) and you've got a cool friend who likes to party hearty. To top all that you don't work weekends and you've got $75.65 (and if you invest that wisely, Crystal Light Lemondade Stocks, think of the interest!).

It could be worse!

Kiki

Reaction score
Aww Sara, it sounds like you've been in the wars, yeah? I'm so sorry to hear that you're having a bad time. Losing your job in such a short time and all. I wouldn't know how you feel, I'm a perty lucky person. I am a respectful Christian, yeah, but my family's not very religous so they're not at the back all the time about the Lord (sorry if that sounds offensive, folks) and all that, but they know when to draw the line with things, but they'd let me have a good time as well.

Good night, you'll be in my prayers. :smile:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Yeah, I do believe it's possible to combine being faithful with enjoying your life. God wants you to enjoy the life he's given you, while trying to be kind to people most importantly.

Personally, I think it's important to go to Church because it's very easy to forget to think about God and the important things in life. But people get turned off because they're "forced" to go, and I can definitely understand that. I wish Church seemed more like a blessing, rather than a chore. I've worked with groups that try to make Church more enjoyable, because it is so important. :smile: