Need help with mold making!

piggy989piggy

Reaction score
Hi:fanatic:

My MissPiggy head caly model is almost completely dry now,and I already bought plaster and everything is ready for mold making.

I was wondering what sould I put on the clay before I pour the plaster,so the clay wont stic to the mold?...(its dry water based clay)

muppetperson

Reaction score
Hi:fanatic:

My MissPiggy head caly model is almost completely dry now,and I already bought plaster and everything is ready for mold making.

I was wondering what sould I put on the clay before I pour the plaster,so the clay wont stic to the mold?...(its dry water based clay)
I have heard some people use vasoline. I think some use cling wrap, but I don't know if that would be suitable in this case, as the plastic could leave crinkle marks and mightn't cling to the curves around the nose, etc.

propologist

Reaction score
You can coat it with "Krylon Crystal clear" about 4 good coats should be good. Make sure you let each coat dry before you spray more coats. This should be a 2 piece mold front and back. if you are doing foam of any type you should also have a core to make it hollow for your hand.

piggy989piggy

Reaction score

propologist

Reaction score
yes but make sure each layer is dry before the next.

SandPunk

Reaction score
As far as mold release goes you can dust liberally with talcum powder, or buy a spray mold release from just about any craft store.

FoxWorthy

Reaction score
Updates? I don't get out here too often but when I do, I'm always hoping for an update on your Miss Piggy. How's it going?

piggy989piggy

Reaction score
Updates? I don't get out here too often but when I do, I'm always hoping for an update on your Miss Piggy. How's it going?
Happy you find it interesting:smile:

well actually I am planing on updating soon, because Im almost done!

I have already made the head and the body and everything else I need for the basic(even made a few dresses and bought a wig) and I am waiting for the fleece to arrive.(will take about a month)

first I planed to flock her, but I couldnt find the right flock with the right price that ships to my country, so I decided to go with antron fleece.

I must say I am pretty happy with the results by far I think I got her just right, as I said, they are not covered yet but I can post some pics of the body and the head now if you want.

it will work as a poser(it has posable legs and replaceable posable hands) and as a puppet.

when I'l be done I'l post pictures with details and everything.