Need help for avenue q puppets replicas

darkranth

Reaction score
Hi!
I'm working on making avenue q puppets replicas for a short french canadian version of the show, for my school (but also for my own fun) and I need help for the materials. For the show I want to have Rod, nicky, trekkie, and kate monster. Rod is already done, he's really a piece of junk but he's done, and I'm currently working on trekkie and nicky. The foam bases are done (both head and body for nicky) but now the problem is for the "skin". For nicky I'm really not sure of what type of material I should use. I saw polar fleece and I think it's exactly the texture I need. If I'm right where can I get pieces of it?
For trekkie monster I found two site for faux fur. The first one is on ebay and sell a piece of faux fur (5 feet by 6 feet)for 30$ wich is, I think a real good deal. But I dont know how long the fur is...
The second sells a shorter piece for the same price but I know that the fur is 3 inches long.

Also do you know what the teekkie monster's hair are make from?
Thanks for your help!

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
I believe the actual puppets are covered with Antron Fleece, which you can find lots of information about by searching this forum. Some kind of polar fleece would be a good substitute if you are working on a budget or pressed for time. I think Trekkie's hair is made from feathers.

darkranth

Reaction score
craftking.com they have something called fun fur. I think that's what the hairs are made from. Am I right?

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Who is licensing the Avenue Q show anyway? I had someone ask me about this the other day. Does anyone know?

staceyrebecca

Reaction score
I think they are if you can find the right color. really its up to you though.

darkranth

Reaction score
By the way this is only my second experience in the puppets making.

Lab Rat

Reaction score
i am currently doing a full set of puppets for a licenced performance of Avenue Q but all the characters have to be re designed so they arent too close to the originals i had already started Nicky before they told me this so i have to re make him.

Kevin the Frog

Reaction score
Very interesting Lab Rat....sounds like a nice gig!

Kinda funny the differences between the muppets and Q regarding different performers playing different characters, licensed shows? and stuff like that. There are other differences that help explain that, but still kinda fun comparison.