Ned's illness...

Redsonga

Reaction score
I wonder, what sort of illness could Ned have gotten to make him have to move and need Doc to be sort of his in home care worker?
I think he might have been much older than Doc to start with to, now that I think of it...
Maybe he had cancer? Or a lung trouble? Hmm...

IluvGobo

Reaction score
He had asthma and had to move to the desert for his health.

Redsonga

Reaction score
Oh, they said it was asthma? (I missed that)
You know, that's funny because going to dry places actually makes me nearly start to get asthma, but then I was raised in a wet climate...
It must have been very bad for him to not want to be alone...but then it can be especially hard on older people...I wonder how he managed to live all those years by himself before...If he had any family or friends besides Doc :frown:

This is an interesting site on the subject of older people and asthma:
http://www.yourasthmatreatment.com/asthma-older-people.htm
I could see Ned forgetting his pills and being depressed :\

Rose

Reaction score
Yeah it was Meationed in the " Honk Of Honks http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZRr3Yk4Jq8
I never thought of Ned as being older I just thought he may had had it all his life or just recently delouped it and it gotton worse over time.
I heard of this before of people moving to a dryer climet to make their astma better. Sometimes humitie aggervates it in some people and they have to move. I didn't think it was Ned being afraide of being alone so much but the fact that he didn't want to leave his friends and familey.
Who knows maybe Ned moved with a familey member. It wasn't said directly he was alone. I think Doc wanted to be with his best friend to help out and to be there for him. That's a really good friend who is willing to move miles away to help his friend.

Oh, they said it was asthma? (I missed that)
You know, that's funny because going to dry places actually makes me nearly start to get asthma, but then I was raised in a wet climate...
It must have been very bad for him to not want to be alone...but then it can be especially hard on older people...I wonder how he managed to live all those years by himself before...If he had any family or friends besides Doc :frown:

This is an interesting site on the subject of older people and asthma:
http://www.yourasthmatreatment.com/asthma-older-people.htm
I could see Ned forgetting his pills and being depressed :\

Redsonga

Reaction score
Change can be hard on older people do..it seemed like Doc did not have much in the way of family ether :frown:.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Change can be hard on older people do..it seemed like Doc did not have much in the way of family ether :frown:.
Besides, Sprocket (and later, the Fraggles, especially Gobo), Doc seemingly had no family. Thus, just as the whole of Fraggle Rock acted like one big family & likewise for the people here on MC, Doc & Ned were like family.

Redsonga

Reaction score
Besides, Sprocket (and later, the Fraggles, especially Gobo), Doc seemingly had no family. Thus, just as the whole of Fraggle Rock acted like one big family & likewise for the people here on MC, Doc & Ned were like family.
Yes, it is very sweet..I explore this a tiny bit in my newest fic :smile:

Traveling Matt

Reaction score
Yeah it was Meationed in the " Honk Of Honks...
Actually, Doc first mentioned it briefly in Inspector Red.

I love the characters you never actually see, like Ned and Ms. Ardath. It's interesting how such a character plays a pivotal role in the final episodes.