NECA to make Jareth figure!

CrystalBat

Reaction score
NECA, being the National Entertainment Collectibles Association, just recently announced that they will be rleasing a Jareth figure from labyrinth, and although pictures have not yet been released, I have a strong feeling it is going to be awesome.

Laszlo

Reaction score
Really? I thought they cancelled it... ? :confused:

CrystalBat

Reaction score
I am pretty sure it is going to be made. Neca recently posted on theior site that they will be releasing the figure in march.
Friday, October 27, 2006
"Some New Announcements from Toy Fair

In Stores March
Jareth, The Goblin King from Labyrinth.
Yes an action figure with the likeness of David Bowie and this figure has to be seen to be believed. I can't wait to debut this figure for everyone to see as it is truly a thing of beauty.. Those lucky enough to catch a glimpse at Toy Fair were in awe."
I have high hopes, neca makes some cool figures, and jareth could make a very cool figure. So be sure to check around stores in march. Ill update this thread when pictures are released!

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Laszlo said:
Really? I thought they cancelled it... ? :confused:
Wasn't Palisades going to make a Jareth before they went under? Maybe that's what we're thinking of (cuz I was thinking the same thing. :wink: ).

I hope this one is actually released!

Mistersuperstar

Reaction score
Is this the 12" Jareth figure that has been available to order since the beginning of the year but is yet to be released? Was it cancelled? I haven't heard anything about it since I ordered it months back.

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
Mistersuperstar said:
Is this the 12" Jareth figure that has been available to order since the beginning of the year but is yet to be released? Was it cancelled?
No, the 12-inch figure announced last October was from Palisades Toys. The Palisades figure was going to be released in spring 2006 (and was put-up for pre-order online) - however the figure was canned when the company unfortunately closed. That figure has not been released and will not be released.

This figure of Jereth, made by NECA, is a totally different product from a totally different company.

Mistersuperstar

Reaction score
It seems coincidental that another company would consider releasing a Jareth figure so soon after the Palisades version has been cancelled. Is there a bet that the new figure will look awfully like the one that Palisades was due to release? :smirk:

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
Mistersuperstar said:
It seems coincidental that another company would consider releasing a Jareth figure so soon after the Palisades version has been cancelled. Is there a bet that the new figure will look awfully like the one that Palisades was due to release? :smirk:
Well after Palisades' product was drop I bet there were others vying for the license. From the remarks I've heard fromthose who saw the figure at Toy Fest last month, the thing is amazing looking and they were in awe of the craftsmanship. Pictures should be released soon, but I bet it will be better than the Palisades figure.

Mistersuperstar

Reaction score
From the photo I saw of the Palisades version, it looked pretty good. I know these things tend to change over time before the final version is agreed on but it was quite impressive. There was even promise of his long coat being available in selected packages. It'd be nice if NECA decided on something along the same lines. Any idea if there are any pics or details of the new version? I'm really interested in it. :smile: