1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Neca Labyrinth figures

Discussion in 'Fantasy Worlds' started by CrystalBat, Feb 6, 2007.

1. CrystalBat

CrystalBat New Member

hey everyone, as you may know NECA has announced that they are making figures from the labyrinth, here is a picture from a recent toy magazine showing the hoggle figure along with goblins and bowie. they are mighty fine looking i must admit. great hoggle likeness.

link-- http://muppetnewsflash.blogspot.com/search/label/Labyrinth
  2. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Active Member

I'm Buyin!!!
  3. nickbachman

nickbachman New Member

4. MWoO

MWoO Active Member

The figures are nice but I still hate NECA for what they did to the ghostbusters line. 1 series of ghosts and never a ghostbuster. Not even some equipment.
  5. CrystalBat

CrystalBat New Member

maybe NECA isnt too blame. rumor has it there are a lot of likeness issues with the actual ghostbusters actors, im sure if NECA had the rights to do all of the ghostbusters they would have. Plus, now that they are making awesome labyrinth figures we can forgive and forget.
  6. MWoO

MWoO Active Member

Yeah, but they always claimed that the ghostbusters owuld be done even if the likenesses had to be altered to match the comic book. Then nothing.
  7. CrystalBat

CrystalBat New Member

who knows, maybe they will be done. Rumor has it an animated ghostbusters movie is in the works. Maybe we will get figures from that.
  8. Laszlo

Laszlo Member

I don't care for Ghostbusters .... I WANT LABYRINTH AND DARK CRYSTAL FIGURES NOW !!!! :)
  9. I for one LOVE NECA, they are doing a great job on the Nightmare Before Christmas line, and are VERY good at getting littlerally EVERY character they can get. So I don't think that it would be NECA who won't relaease the actors. As in Palisades, They could do the Puppet characters but not the Actors from the movies or shows because of linknesses. I think with NECA, its a wait and see kind of thing, just have faith that they pull threw. I am very excited to see what comes out of The Labyrinth from them. They are doing a great job so far!
  10. Yoda Man

Yoda Man Member

I don't really expect to see many more figures. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Sir Didymus incredibly small. I haven't seen the movie in a while, but standing stall isn't he only about up to the height of Sarah's knees? If NECA sticks to their 7 inch scale, then Sir Didymus probably won't even be 2 inches tall. Even if we do get him, he'll almost guaranteedly have to be a pack in and might not even get articulation. And then Ludo is too big for us to possiblly see made. I love that we're getting figures, but I think we'll be lucky enough if we even see one more figure made
  11. DannyRWW

DannyRWW Well-Known Member

I'm happy with hoggle and the likeness they have for Bowie is awesome...goblins look nice too.
  12. rexcrk

rexcrk Active Member

They look pretty cool, but I'll have to pass. I'm already actively collecting NECA's Nightmare Before Christmas line and McFarlane's Corpse Bride line. Not to mention Mattel's Cars! And let's not forget looking on eBay for the holes in my Lord of the Rings (from Toy Biz) and Muppets collections!
  13. Im so gonna get them! I Have the Nightmare Before Christmas figs, Family guy, Corpse Bride and of corse the Muppets. I gotta have my Labyrinth!
  14. Dr. Bombay

Dr. Bombay Member

Man, those figures are cool!!! Now we just really REALLY need a Ludo action figure and I'm good to go!
  15. JJandJanice

JJandJanice Active Member

Oh yeah I'm looking forward to adding these to my action figure collection along with the Muppets (Palisades) and Nightmare Before Christmas (also Neca)
  16. KermieBaby47

KermieBaby47 Well-Known Member

I don't see any reason for Ludo to not be released. Didn't those guys make the big Stay Puft Marshmallow Man? Completely possible, but probably with limited articulation.

As for Didymus, I see him being released along with Ambrosius, and maybe a goblin or two to fill-out the blister even more. Plus, don't these guys do bases of some sort? Would be cool if they all came with a section of the Labyrinth wall or something.

Can't wait for Jareth and Hoggle!! Anyone else is just a plus! :D
  17. JJandJanice

JJandJanice Active Member

Actually don't be totally surpised if they "cheat" the scale a tiny bit.

I can see Sir Didymus having his own car, just with a lot of other things to pack it in with. Just like Palisades did for "Rizzo The Rat," "Pepe" and "Frog Scout Robin." Or, since this is the toy company itself, a little like what they did for "Mummy Boy and Bat-Kid" from series 4 of the Nightmare Before Christmas figures.

As for Ludo, agian I can see it. Just like Palisades did for Sweetums or Neca did for "The Staypuff Marshmallow Man."

Well all I'm saying is there is no reason to like that other characters won't be made. If the figures sell well in the first place, which I think it looks like they are going to, Neca will, for sure, make more. ;)
  18. rexcrk

rexcrk Active Member

Well I know NECA can do REALLY big in-scale things *coughBALROGcough* ;)
  19. FuzzMonkey

FuzzMonkey New Member

I'm very excited to be getting ANY Labyrinth figures. The pics I have seen so far all look great to me. I'm already thinking about all the custom displays and environments I can make to showcase them in. I'm just really hoping for a Jareth and Sarah masquerade sequence two pack.:excited:
  20. DTWolf

DTWolf Member

Jareth on the wing

I preordered my Jareth figure from CornerStoreComics, and their website now lists the figure as in-stock. They've also charged my card.

So Jareth ought to be reaching us soon. If you haven't preordered, it might be time to start shopping around your favorite toy/collectible shop to find him.