1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

NECA announces The Dark Crystal Figure!

Discussion in 'Fantasy Worlds' started by Cosmic Cow, Feb 17, 2008.

1. Fragglemuppet

Fragglemuppet Well-Known Member

Don't forget crystal bats and podlings.
    I don't know if all 9 skeksis and/or mystics need to be released; maybe just 2 or 3 of them to give an idea of what they look like, their place in the movie, and whatnot.
    But this is great! The more I watch the movie, the more into it I get! One more viewing and I should be obsessed, lol! The point being, if this figure is in my price range and demed good quality by those of you who know your stuff better than I do, I'll definately be getting it! How much do NECA figures usually go for?
  2. Cosmic Cow

Cosmic Cow New Member

I saw this in person at NYCC and it's AWESOME! As for a complete series of DC don't get your hopes up. I asked Randy Falk through their Myspace page and he said that we may possibly get 1-2 more figures but not a dedicated line...
  3. Fizzgig1977

Fizzgig1977 New Member

In the UK neca figures cost between £8.00 & £10.00. In the US I imagine they will be $15 - $18.
  4. Fizzgig1977

Fizzgig1977 New Member

Gutted, but not unexpected. Thanks for the info. Maybe if the new film is sucessful, it might make producing a larger range of figures more likely.
  5. Fragglemuppet

Fragglemuppet Well-Known Member

Either way, it sounds like a good deal! Thanks for the info; if I ever see it I'll definately get it!
    :)
    :scary:
  6. Laszlo

Laszlo Member

Great news anyway. And if it sell well, who knows, there may be even more?
    BTW any release dates for the Skeksis and Hoggle?
  7. DTWolf

DTWolf Member

8. Laszlo

Laszlo Member

9. Cosmic Cow

Cosmic Cow New Member

BigBadToyStore just put Chamberlain in their new newsletter with a release date of 3 Quarter of '08 which probably means Aug/Sep... :scary:
  10. GelflingWaldo

GelflingWaldo New Member

11. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Oooh! This is exactly what fans have been wanting from the Dark Crystal - not stylized urban vinyl, busts, creepy gelfling dolls or other such weird expensive items. This is a magnificent-looking prototype and I know from the Goblin King that Neca delivers on quality. :scary:
  12. Mystic Master

Mystic Master Member

This looks like a promising figure, and one that I would purchase - hopefully the accessories include an untorn robe. I think a Mystic, Jen & Kira 2-pack, and Aughra would make a nice sub-line...
  13. MGCJerry

MGCJerry New Member

Now that's cool...

I'll definitely be keeping my eye out for these.

I'd think these characters would make a great set. A Mystic, Chamberlain, General, Jen, Kira, Fizzgig, Augura & garthim. Some other creatures would be nice too, even some of the wildlife would make cool things to have on display. :)
  14. Telly

Telly Active Member

Is this still happening? I haven't heard anything for awhile.
  15. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

It appears to be off the Neca website at this time. I guess it depends who you ask, but if Mindstyle got this nixed I will be very upset. :scary:

I hope it's just a delay or oversight.
  16. Telly

Telly Active Member

Jeez...seems like we Jim Henson fans can't win!
  17. TheJimHensonHour

TheJimHensonHour New Member

Henson and Ninja Turtles, I'm friends with some people who work for the Turtle company mirage and NECA hasn't gotten back to then since August.
    I think I smell another Palisades, but I sure hope I'm wrong.:sympathy:
  18. Telly

Telly Active Member

I certainly hope you're wrong, too! :(
  19. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

The little shop I work at part time carries the Turtles (cool black and white versions), Neca and will carry the Skeksis if they ever come out. The Labyrinth stuff went fast. However the Mindstyle stuff (pretty box and all) just collects dust. Too pricey and stylized for the Henson fan's dollar. :scary:
  20. TheJimHensonHour

TheJimHensonHour New Member

They have the single carded black and white turtles that Neca announced back in aug.?
    Or the Box set?
    Wave 2 with shredder and the foot soldiers should have been given a release date some time ago and NECA won't even return a single e-mail to the turtles people.