Nanny, the Unseen Matriarch

wemblingalong

Reaction score
A Giant Bird!

I always hoped that there would be a last episode and Nanny would be revealed! I actually had a dream about it when I was a child and she was a giant bird! :scary: More like a nightmare! I also thought that she had a thing for Officer Carothers! Everyone loves a man in uniform! :flirt:

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Well, back in the old days in England sometimes the nanny basically was left to raise the children, most of all if they were still MB age :coy:
I guess that's a possibility. It really doesn't look like an English setting where MB takes place though. Of course, "The Muppet Show" was shot in England, so you never know.

Kermit: How come you don't have an English accent?
Beauregard: Are you kidding? I'm lucky to have a driver's license!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Hmm, you know. I have a feeling they NEVER even designed her head at all.

Look at this Production design

Unlike Dr. Claw, who clearly did have a design in mind somewhere down the line. of course, they didn't show him until 1993 (the 10th anniversary Inspector gadget gift, I suppose). But he had a design.

Now, The Mom and Dad in Cow and Chicken were designed only from the waist down.

If I had to pick how she looked, it would be very human. Not Muppet like at all. If you check out how a lot of the humans that popped up from time to time (a News reporter, the guy who lives at the center of the Earth, etc) they had muppety designs to them. But I feel Nanny and Officer Carruthers (among any others they didn't show) would have been exactly humanized.

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
I don't think we were ever meant to know. I think it was supposed to be part of this child-like view of adults. The "muppet-like" adults were always shown, but "human" adults we only ever saw their arms and legs. To be at the level of the kids, you know? Hope that makes sense.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Haha! That is funny! I wonder if they meant to stop at the head?
Indeed they did. Eitherwise they'd change Nanny's name to Ichabod or something.

Baby Kermit: Gosh, Nanny... if you don't have a head, how do you eat?

Nanny: Gald you asked. I just cram it cown the esophagus pipe in my neck.

Gruesome.

Redsonga

Reaction score
Indeed they did. Eitherwise they'd change Nanny's name to Ichabod or something.

Baby Kermit: Gosh, Nanny... if you don't have a head, how do you eat?

Nanny: Gald you asked. I just cram it cown the esophagus pipe in my neck.

Gruesome.
Ewwww :embarrassed:! The nightmares....

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I swear, when I was younger I had a dream that Nanny looked like Beaker! Lol Scared me silly! :eek:

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
I swear, when I was younger I had a dream that Nanny looked like Beaker! Lol Scared me silly! :eek:
If that were really true I bet Baby Beaker would be really affectionately attached to her lol :big_grin: