My WEMBLEY FRAGGLE puppet on EBAY

freggel

Reaction score
No, sorry thats is a mistake. Only this one is on ebay!

Kevin the Frog

Reaction score
Oh oh, here come the ebay police. Get down on the floor!

Great job, it looks really nice.

Toasty

Reaction score
Yes the puppet replica does look really nice. Congratulations. You are a skilled builder and duplicator. By selling this, you're also doing something that many here want to make light of, but, in the grand sense, there is nothing light about it at all. It is illegal and wrong.

But because it is being sold in another country, US copyright laws may or may not be enforceable against this seller. However, there are probably IP laws in place in Germany to protect Henson Company property (that would be the Fraggles) just like those that exist in the US.

This means that your ebay sale mentioned in this thread is illegal.

Some day, hopefully, many more people will realize the importance of protecting the rights of artists, no matter if they happen to be part of huge, million dollar corporations, or if they work at home from their tiny basement or backyards.

That's what Intellectual Property laws do. They PROTECT the property of artists, so that they may be in control of their creations. IP law treats everyone the same, from Disney to Fred down the street.

Only when people realize that, will they stop trying to profit off of the original work of these artists.

You can do good work. Now why not create original works from your own mind and sell those on ebay instead of this Fraggle replica? By doing original designs, you'd be expanding what Henson began instead of stealing from him. AND you wouldn't be breaking any laws in the process. AND your original puppet designs would be protected by the exact same IP laws (or equivelent laws in Germany) that you are trampling all over by selling Wembley Fraggle on ebay.

Ironic, eh?

spcglider

Reaction score
Now lets be fair...

This person may not be intimately familiar with the IP laws for America OR Germany.

I'd prefer that we inform folks without casting aspersions. What do you say? We know that there are others who purposely ignore the laws, but not everyone may be willfully ignorant.

Your replica is lovely. Nice work there. I hope you learned a lot when you made it that you can apply to the creation of your own designs. :smile:

Show us what you can do!

-Gordon

Toasty

Reaction score
Now lets be fair...

This person may not be intimately familiar with the IP laws for America OR Germany.

I'd prefer that we inform folks without casting aspersions. What do you say? We know that there are others who purposely ignore the laws, but not everyone may be willfully ignorant.

Your replica is lovely. Nice work there. I hope you learned a lot when you made it that you can apply to the creation of your own designs. :smile:

Show us what you can do!

-Gordon
You are quite correct about all of that. My post did have an unpleasant accusatory tone that I did not intend to be so, well, accusatory.

My apologies to the original poster of this thread for that. I do hope that now they know there could be an issue with selling this work that they do their homework a bit to avoid any possible problems.

Best of luck and keep up the good work!
:smile:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
What a beautiful replica. :excited: It's like I'm lookin' right at the fella. Great job! Henson should hire you to make Fraggles! Just my take. Again, great job on the likeness. Spot on!

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I'd hire him if I had money.

i've seen lots of great replicas over the years. This is at the top with all of those.

Telly

Reaction score
**** Kevin

That Wembly is sweet! If an amateur can do work like this, why are bigger companies (ie Saba)