My Uncle Deadly Puppet

Walter

Reaction score
Hey guys! I was looking at alot of the puppets made on this forum and they are all so good! I was thinking its time to show my first "puppet"...

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/96/uncledeadly1.jpg/

Yes, I know he is not all "accurate" and stuff, but like the post says, he is a Work in Progress. A few things I wanted to do were add arms to him to drape over the wall and I noticed looking through TMS episodes that he is missing some hair around his snout and top of his head. I used a palisades figure for reference, so thats what I get :embarrassed:

TML

Reaction score
Is it a puppet or stuffed? Looks cool.

Walter

Reaction score
@tml thanks! yes, its stuffed, but its meant to become a poser. with the supplies i have ready to me this one will be closed mouth. In the future I plan to shell out some cash and build a performance puppet.

@KermieBaby47 Thanks! right now i'm looking for fabric to become his coat and shirt. I will probably buy an armature and layer it.

Walter

Reaction score
Hey guys, sorry for the double post, but I don't know how to edit post on here.. anyways, I'm taking the project into a different direction. I am going to turn him into a full fledged puppet!.. well, it will be a slow and careful transition, as the head was not built to be split, and so it may end up being a silent puppet.. but we were cleaning stuff out at my house and we found a shirt that could easily pass as Deadly's. I was looking at ties and it looks like the hufflepuff tie from UO's WWoHP could be his... I'll post progress pics when I get home.

Walter

Reaction score
Okay guys, here is an update of what he looks like so far..
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/11/deadlypuppetupdate2.jpg/

He is designed like fozzie...which if I am not mistaken is the way the original deadly was done. I put my hand in his neck and left arm, and someone else takes over his right arm. the brown thing is their to give him support. It also is nice because it gives him a "vest" when I am operating him by myself. I will probably rebuild his body around november to match his "Disney" counterpart.