My Thoughts: Disney's Muppets

P

Philip Kippel

CommanderD said:
It seems to me that Disney just doesn't know what to do with itself nowadays.
If that's what you think, you are DEAD wrong!:mad:

P

Philip Kippel

rexcrk said:
If Eisner was still around I wonder if we'd be getting more activity from the Muppets, he seemed to be really excited about owning the Muppets (it's the one thing that keeps me from being a huge Anti-Eisner person).
You're MUCH better off being an anti-Eisner type. He angered way too many people!:mad:

Marky

Reaction score
Philip Kippel said:
Well, you're better off going back to defending Disney and giving them a chance, knowing that they will do good because they WILL do good!
Ah... the blind faith of youth...

spcglider

Reaction score
Philip Kippel said:
Well, you're better off going back to defending Disney and giving them a chance, knowing that they will do good because they WILL do good.
Disney will ONLY do good if it a) contributes to the bottom line and b) if it is already in their existing business model.

The Muppets may not be either A or B. For them to be A, Disney will have to break B. And they've already proven that the Mupets are not B.

Its completely up to Disney. But they will never change their tactic unless somebody tells them or proves to them how much it will be worth the effort.

I work in advertising for a living. Disney depends on feedback to know what it's customers want. If we all sit around lauding sub-standard (or crummy) Muppet stuff, that's all we'll ever get aside from the occasional fluke of good luck. But I don't want to wait for Disney to make a "good" mistake. The Muppets deserve better than that.

A thread like this, if it is respectful and thoughtful, is just as valid as an "I love what Disney is doing with the Muppets no matter what" thread. And if Disney has any desire whatsoever to make money with The Muppets, they'll digest it's contents and use it to modify their business model. That's how businesses work.

-Gordon

ilovekermy

Reaction score
I kinda liked the whole Kermit/ Extreme Makeover Home Edition.. it was cute and well done...

Jonathan

Reaction score
To Quote Jesus Christ Superstar is Reference to the Muppets Current Situation:

It was beautiful,
But Now Its Sour
-Judas

MWoO

Reaction score
Philip Kippel said:
Well, you're better off going back to defending Disney and giving them a chance, knowing that they will do good because they WILL do good.

And Barry Lee, please get a life!
Why did you bring up a dead thread only to insult people and post Disney support that you can't back up? What is your reasoning for saying they will do good? What have they done already other than cancel projects in the US and send the muppets to France?

Gonzo14

Reaction score
my main complaint is that this summer, it will be 2 years, since TMS season 1 came out, and we still don't have a definite release date for season 2.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
It's not even spring yet!!!!! look you all can sit back and complain because it makes everyone feel better. In all honesty though you all have no clue what is going on quitelty behind the secens. There could be a lot of new things in the work that we don't need to know about just yet.
To quote a famos saying
"If you can't say anything nice don't say anything at all"
We all need to rember that

Jonathan

Reaction score
dwayne1115 said:
It's not even spring yet!!!!! look you all can sit back and complain because it makes everyone feel better. In all honesty though you all have no clue what is going on quitelty behind the secens. There could be a lot of new things in the work that we don't need to know about just yet.
To quote a famos saying
"If you can't say anything nice don't say anything at all"
We all need to rember that
Open your eyes, And face the truth