My Son's Nursery Pics...

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
... progress pics that is, cuz I'm still working on my *still in the oven* kids' nursery. Have to finish more murals and furniture assembly, then spiff it up with toys and junk, then I'll be done! A post on another forum reminded me that I wanted to share this with my MC Family. :wink:

We decided long ago to do his room in Red, White, & Blue, so it's obviously kinda' Americana, but the real theme is Classic Mickey Mouse (with special tributes to 'Mickey Firsts') & Disney Classics (including, of course, The Muppets!). The Disney Classics part is coming soon (maybe this weekend if I can get my act together, lol) in the form of more drawings and decorations.

We're having an 'Open Nursery' in a couple weekends, will post a small video tour on YouTube for anyone curious about the final piece.

Here's some 'so far' pics:

I finished the matching dresser today (not pictured), here's Mickey and the crib. I freehand, but I copied this specific style of Mickey from the bed set we're getting so it'd be a perfect match.

His name in a Mickey Mouse font I found online, with freehand cloud.

More freehand stuff will be drawn (with paint pens) just above the chair-railing all around his room, as well as a big Pluto on the facing wall. 'Nother pic, straight-on Mickey.

So yeah, gonna be busy this weekend, lol. Cheers!
:smile:
Anthony

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Anthony, this is beautiful! What an awesome room!

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Anthony, even though I can't see the pictures do to my blindness, the way you described it sounds beautiful! Looking forward to the vidio, should you decide to post it. And congradulations!

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
I love those pictures Anthony. Mickey Mouse is so perfect for a baby's room decoration.

I can't wait to see what else you add. :smile:

muppet baby

Reaction score
LOVE THOSE PICTURES ! THEY ARE SO WONDERFUL I can not wait to see more . Did you paint them your self ? so beutiful congragualtions

Skye

Reaction score
Wow, wonderful pictures, Anthony! It looks great so far. Looking forward to seeing how it will turn out! And a big congratulations to you and your wife, also! :smile:

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Those pics look swell, Anthony. Mick and Kerm together should a be treat for your little one.

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Thanks you guys! It's been a lot of work, but it's paying off big time with the outcome.

Here's an inside look at the process: I start with a paper drawing (after a little research on the particular look I'm going for in this case). From that I trace the images onto a clear sheet. Then I project the image onto the wall with a projector, and trace it onto the wall. Next is painting inside the lines with some white primer. After that I trace the image again so the lines are clear through the color paint. Paint in the colors, then outline.

I did all the color with paints & brushes. With Mickey, I mistakenly thought it'd be quicker to do his black outlines with Sharpie markers instead of a small paintbrush. The paint on the walls dried up my markers so fast I went through about seven of 'em! So for the cloud & Pluto I decided to use Paint Pens, and the process was much faster!

The final project I've set ahead of myself will be the easiest (I always save the easiest for last, get the hard stuff outta the way), and it will be my favorite thing... FREEHAND! I've been drawing since I was two years old, so what comes naturally is what I love to do.

Here's some more pics:

First step, Ghost Pluto!

Second coat of primer, re-traced and ready for color.

Starting to feel the magic!

You're almost there Boy!

Mickey's best pal, Pluto!

Top of the dresser I put together on Friday, can you find the hidden Muppet?

Stay tuned for a video walkthrough for the finished Nursery, and thank you guys for sharing in this with me!
Anthony

wwfpooh

Reaction score
It's Grover that's hidden. His book, The Monster at the End of This Book is being covered up by The Pokey Little Puppy.