My Sesame Street Memory Book

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Recently I was at a flea market and found a copy of the 1983 book "My Sesame Street Memory Book" (it says that on the side cover, but the front says "My Memory Book" underneath the Sesame Street logo). I didn't buy it, but I knew somebody who had it long ago and looking through the book again was a good nostalgia fix.

One thing I noticed is that the copyright is 1983, and there's one section on new friends Ernie and Bert met that year, showing images of Forgetful Jones, Aristotle, and a pumpkin AM incorrectly listed as Ferlingetti Donnizetti (well, unless there were atually two characters with that name, but what are the odds?). I've seen scans from a season 12 (1980-1981) press release that referred to Forgetful and Ferlingetti as new characters of that season, and the 40th anniversary book mentions on Richard Hunt's page that Aristotle debuted in season 13. So I wonder if this book might have been made earlier. Then again, it was a section on new friends Ernie and Bert made that year. Though it's still interesting... I don't know of any specific sketches in which Ernie or Bert interracted with Forgetful Jones, and the other two are rare characters whom we don't know of many moments with.

Still, it is a cool book. It seems light on characters, but does have quite a few obscure characters. Aside from the ones listed above, it also has Bruno in one picture, in a section encouraging the reader to draw a circle around pictures of ways they travel (the picture of Oscar and Bruno illustrates how Oscar travels).

According to Muppet Wiki it was originally titled "My Sesame Street Yearbook 1983", and the wiki also has a page for "My Sesame Street Yearbook 1985". Anybody have any idea if there was a 1984 yearbook? I recall having a "Sesame Street Yearbook", but I can't remember what the cover looked like (I'm thinking it was different from the 1985 cover, but as I said, I can't remember). I recall it having several images (like Bert and Ernie with the snowman, Ernie and Cookie Monster in a kitchen, a picture of the Two-Headed Monster, a group photo of the season 12 characters, etc.).