My new phone

Andibcool

Reaction score
Hm im not into cellphones/mobiles much and havent ever had one for years. I recently came acroos the meizu M8. Meizu is well known in China and the mini players ( music players ) from them are already known for the good quality.
I heard a lot about the M8 and decided to buy one ( even the price seemed high for a china phone ).
What can i say after i did receive the phone i think its the best phone ive ever seen.
Really its so fantastic i cant really beleave it they sell it for that price.
Well the Mp3 player inside is awesome great sound quality with and without headphones ( bacause they have 2 stereo speakers build in the phone ). Has also cover and Karaoke funktions so u can watch the covers or read the lyrics while they are highlighted. Great search and playlist options. Plays many formats.
The screen resulution is 720x480 of the multitouch glas 3.4 inches display makes u take all your favorite Muppet films with you and watch with fun. Also plays almost everything.

You can custumise everything very easy, you got free apps, programms and games plus a good support from the manufacturer giving out new firmwares.
I also run Route66 mobile 8 with a bluetooth GPS mouse on it.
Works very well well.
You can sync it with your PC without problems, have also wifi and a plane mode ( good for hosptials or planes shuts off the Phone module so its a PDA only)

So its really a gadget phone and im so happy i bought it.
Had to tell you all because i really love this thing.
Oh orgot to tell only the wifi version is quad band and sometimes needs to be enabeld.

Here are the stats if ur interested:
Meizu M8 Stats
Dimensions
Length: 108mm
Width: 59mm
Thickness: 12mm
Weight: 118 grams with battery

Display
3.4 inches wide angle LCD; 720*480 resolution, multi-touch screen

Memory/Storage
Rom 256MB
Build in Flash 8 or 16 GB

Colours
Black or white

Earphones/Headset
Microphone built-in stereo headphone wire
Frequency response: 50Hz to 20,000Hz
Resistance: 32 Ohms

Video
Support AVI、MP4、3GP、MOV、ASF、WMV、MPEG、
MKV、FLV formats;H.264 Baseline Profile : 2.5Mbps, 720×480,30fps;MPEG-4 Simple Profile : 2Mbps, 720×480,30fps;WMV 3 : 3.2Mbps, 720×480,30fps;H.263 : 1.5Mbps, 720×480,30fps;DIVX : 5Mbps, 720×480,30fps;XVID : 4Mbps, 720×480,30fps;DX50 : 6Mbps, 720×480,30fps;MPEG-1 : 1.5 Mbps, 720×480,30fps;FLV : 500kbps, 720×480,30fps;

Camera
3,200,000 pixels CMOS camera with auto focus; custom 6 different photographic and video analysis model.
Photo browser support for BMP, PNG, GIF, JPG, TIF formats.

Audio
Frequency response: 20Hz ~ 20,000Hz
Audio format support:
AMR: AMR-NB
AAC: AAC-LC, AAC-HE
APE: Fast, Normal, High,
Extra High
FLAC, WMA Lossless: VBR
OGG: Quality 0~10
MP3(VBR): 8~320Kbps
WAV: PCM, MS-ADPCM
WMA: 8~355Kbps
Users can customize the maximum volume limit

Batterie
Model: BA1200, 1200mAh, 3.7V, Lithium polymer battery
Call time:
Up to 370 minutes
Standby time:
With SIM card, up to 179 hours
Without SIM card, up to 374 hours
Video playback time: Up to 7 hours
Music playback time: Up to 21.5 hours
(The above are subject to network and phone usage.)

Language
English & chinese ( can be editited to other like german )

Operating System
Mymobile (Based on Windows CE6.0)

Build in Sensors
Gravity sensor, Ambient light sensor, Distance infrared sensor and touch sensor.

Connectivity
GPRS, Edge, Wlan, Bluetooth

Box Contents
MEIZU M8,
EP20 Stereo headset with microphone,
PC connected to the USB cable,
USB power charger,
Product Manual,
Cleaning cloth.

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
Wow...and I probably couldn't say anything about any technology I own, other than "It's cool" or "It's useful"

Andibcool

Reaction score
Hehe why not ? I mean you can always tell what you use it for and if it works or not.
Im just loving this Meizu M8. I just need some gadgets inside because i dont get that many calls on it so the Mp3 player and Videoplayer is a big plus. Also if you want to travel the navigation system route66 mobile 8 is very helpfull.
Its just one phone for everything with excellent build quality for a small price.
The IPhone 3GS cost in Germany 1000-1300 Euro ( around 1450$-1900$ ) and is not as good in a few points as the meizu M8 witch cost 340$ including shipping from Hong Kong.
So its a very easy decition for me what i buy and i think the Meizu is better then the Iphone because u can custumise the Meizu a lot more, get free stuff, plays varius music and video formats and dont need ITune software.
Im aware in some points the Iphone will beat it but well i dont care about em because the price of the M8 is so much better.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
The meizu M8 sounds superior to the iPhone and my Palm. I just got a Palm Pre through Sprint. I like it so far.

It's smaller and slightly thicker than an iPhone. It also doesn't come with monolithic Apple or AT&T. That was the deal breaker. People really feel safe with their chosen phone companies. Also, customer needs are different. I know the Muppets are going to have iPhone exclusive applications, but personally I'd rather have a phone than a pet, cult, label or lifestyle. I think we'll have more choices on the marketplace soon enough.

However, if they ever came out with a Fuzzy Kermit Green iPhone it would be mine!

Andibcool

Reaction score
Indeed in germany you wont get unlocked Iphones easy. T-Mobile got the only right to sell em here and do contracts.

The Meizu M8 not even sounds superior it is to me.
Head over to http://en.meizu.com/ and see how it looks and feels ( they have a flashsite for that ).

To be honest im fine with a normal phone and i dont really need a mobile phone. Just because of that i need a lot usefull things in my mobile phone to make it worthwhile. The MP3 player and the Videoplayer itself is already. The Navigationsystem you can put on it ( i use route66 but others are possible too ) is another big point for me.
Other ppl might need more calendar things with events, meetings contacts and stuff and even this fits well with the meizu.
Really im not trying to advertise the phone here. I gain nothing from posting this but its really an awesome phone for a small price. Just because im so happy that i have it i need to tell everyone how good this phone is.

I also know some shops where u can buy it but im not here for advertising. There is nothing wrong to ask me per PM thought.

OLumeVaSti

Reaction score
Wow, that is an awesome phone. I wish I would have read this last night before I ordered a new phone. I agree with you and Frogboy about the Iphone. I think I hear about that phone at least 10 times a day! I think it is the "trendy" thing to have now.

Andibcool

Reaction score
Wow, that is an awesome phone. I wish I would have read this last night before I ordered a new phone. I agree with you and Frogboy about the Iphone. I think I hear about that phone at least 10 times a day! I think it is the "trendy" thing to have now.
You can try always chancel the order thought. But anyway bad luck.

@muppets2

No it does not come with a TV or radio tuner unlike other phones from china. Its also without dual sim.
Most china fones come with analog TV but in germany we got DVB-T ( digital TV ) so i wont be able to watch tv with most china phones. Beside that when i look at the shows in TV i rather watch videos. TV might only be interesting for sport fans that want to look the sport show.
For radio its the same i have radio in car and home and i dont like to listen to it because the music they play is just so bad.
So i end up hearing news or put on MP3 player.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Well I agree! I'm picky when it comes to TV and real picky when it comes to radio.