1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

My Muppet Replicas

Discussion in 'Muppet Replicas' started by MUPPETMONKEY, Oct 28, 2011.

1. Frogpuppeteer

Frogpuppeteer Well-Known Member

2. MUPPETMONKEY

MUPPETMONKEY Active Member

3. Puckrox

Puckrox Well-Known Member

Aaaaah, they look so good! They're super cute!
  4. Alvin

Alvin Active Member

Where are all the muppet replicas...is the Kermit sold out and done? Will they make more?? And I really want a Kermit puppet and can't seem to get any help!
  5. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

Amazing!! How did you make this?
  6. MUPPETMONKEY

These I did by my own. I didn't bought them anywhere
  7. MUPPETMONKEY

Well, each has a different building process. Which one, for example?
  8. Muppet fan 123

I don't know, let's say the Gonzo?
  9. MuppetGuy75

MuppetGuy75 Active Member

Your work is amazing!! Love them! You need to make the whole bunch now... even Sweetums and Thog! ha ha :)
    MUPPETMONKEY likes this.
  10. MUPPETMONKEY

I made Gonzo from a block of foam. I carved the foam until I made the head shape.
    For the nose color I made a blend of RIT dyers. One of a pale purple and blue one.
    Basically Gonzo is made out of foam completely and then I hot glued his fur later.
    Here are some pics of the building process.
    [​IMG]
  11. MUPPETMONKEY

Here's a last minute puppet I'm working on[​IMG]. Rizzo the Rat
  12. MuppetGuy75

MuppetGuy75 Active Member

Rizzo looks awesome! :shifty:
  13. Barber

Barber New Member

Wow, they're getting better and better! Gonzo was great, and you totally improved your skills with each one. Rizzo's looking the best yet.
  14. Muppet fan 123

Rizzo looks a bit big.
  15. shinycelebi225

shinycelebi225 Active Member

like fozzie how'd you make him?
  16. MUPPETMONKEY

Actually he is smaller than it looks. I'll upload more pics when I finish him and make a size comparison
  17. MUPPETMONKEY

Fozzie was a bit more complicated. As usual, he's made out of foam rubber and then I hot glued his fur.
    The fur was a challenge. If you look closely at the original Fozzie, the fur has a "curly" effect. It's rather difficult to find a fabric like that and a fabric with that exact color.
    I found a similar colored fabric in an ebay auction. When it arrived it turned out to be lighter colored. These fur fabrics are a gigantic headache because the mayority of them can't be color dyed. So I dunked it in the washing machine with 3 packages of brown Rit Dye color an one half red. The original color was a lighter yellowish golden and I forced it to go a bit darker.
    Now, the "curls" happen because after coloring I put the fabric inside the dryer and the curls came out by default.
    The other problem was the face. The hairs were too long so I had to cut them short using barber scissors.[​IMG]
    The hat was made out of an old Indiana Jones hat that I bought on a Disney ride a few years ago. It was all dusty and it lost it's shape so I made it smaller.
    It's hold to the head with pins but I might use velcro lter on so he can take it off from time to time.
    The body, arms and hands are sewn by hand because I don't own a sweing machine.
    So basically that's an overall of how it was done.
    jimmymontana and KirbTreelo05 like this.
  18. MUPPETMONKEY

Thank you, señor!
  19. Puckrox

Puckrox Well-Known Member

Your work really is amazing. They look so similar to the actual Muppets! You've definitely got a talent. :)
  20. MUPPETMONKEY

Thanks a lot :)