My Kermit progress

Boba Lynn

Reaction score
Here is a test pad for my Kermit using Alpine fleece. I used the FP pattern and enlarged it to 8 1/4" and added a neck to it.

I have got a green Alpine fleece that I will use and I'm going to try and darken it just a bit if I can.

I've got stiff red felt for the mouth, that will be a treat to sew if the regluar fleece was any indication.

LMK what you think.

Lynn

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Oooh! Nice. Looking forward to the finished product!

Good luck!
:smile:
Anthony

Boba Lynn

Reaction score
Thanks guys!

I know it dosn't look like much now, but it is a test pad and I learned alot just from doing this.

Lynn

Boba Lynn

Reaction score
I have the MR Kermit the Frog poser puppet on order, but I wanted a true hand puppet, so I decided to go ahead and start to make my own.

It is not coming out too bad so far since I have no clue as to what I'm doing and how to make a puppet, so I'm totally winging this by the seat of my pants.

I got a Fisher Price 1976 plush toy off eBay to help use referance to make it and I used the pattern of the Fisher Price head from the MCF by up sizeing it by 125% to make the head.

I used green Alpine fleece for the main head, stiff red felt for the mouth, regular felt for the mouth detail parts.

The color may not be perfact, but it looks pretty good. The Alpine fleece dosn't accept dye to well, but if dyed it does tint just a bit, so I dyed it with dark green just to try and darken it a bit and worked.

I used 1/2" foam to make a "skeleton" to pad out the head just a little and I used rubber matt material to make the mouth a bit stiffer for manipulation.

The eyes are regular ping pong balls cut in half and glued in place. I drew on the pupils to get a feel for them before I paint them in. The real pupils I believe were fur flocked, like and old Adventure team bearded Gi-Joe, and not painted in. I'm just going to paint mine.

I made a test trial out of all white fleece to see how it went together and I learned a lot of things sewing this up.
I have no clue on how to do the body, so I gotta study the Fisher Price toy to get a feel for it and draw up a pattern and try that and do a practice run in white fleece.

I gotta decided on wether I want to do my puppet with just the arms and no legs, or a puppet with legs, I'm leaning towards to a puppet with no legs.
I will probably do it as a stick pupper with the sticks for the arms, I still gotta decide that as well.
Thanks guys for all your help in getting this project going.

Lynn

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
Looks great Lynn. Lots of progress in just a few days. Can't wait to see the finished product.

puppetise

Reaction score
hey can we do a pattern trade your kermit pattern for my gobo pattern please and can u send mesuremets for reference

Boba Lynn

Reaction score
Thanks for the comps guys!!

Puppetise, thanks for the offer, but I just used the FP pattern readily available here on the forum for the head and I just added the neck.

I upped the size listed on the pattern 125% to get it to 8 1/4" for the main dimention.
Lynn

puppetise

Reaction score
ok whats the thread link and did you put a dart in?

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
There is also a Kermit pattern from a plush toy linked to somewhere here on the forum. That may help you a lot puppetise.