My Froggy/Groovy Valentine

Bridget

Reaction score
Hello everyone, Bridget here! It has been a pretty long time since my last fan-fic, but I had gotten inspiration about a day ago to do a little Valentine's Day story! I have only written the prologue so far, and I am not sure if it is good, but please give me feedback! Without giving too much away, I'll hint-fully say, the plot is basically based on the title. I hope you like it:

Prologue:

Miss Piggy gracefully twirled out of her enormous walk-in-closet in an angel wing white night gown, complimented (classically) with her signature, elbow-length, gloves. Tonight, not only would she experience the overdue single company of her special amphibian lover, but the dreamy, unexplainable emotion of pure freedom and comfort. To express her feelings for such a night, rather than with words, the love-struck pig allowed her hair to flow at its natural state- wavy and deeply blonde.
There were indeed a countless amount of tasks and theatrical events she had planned to attend to, but suddenly, it did not matter at all. This particular night, all that would truly make a difference in this star’s heart, would be a lovely soul to share it with. Even if that lovely soul was a half-hour late returning home from work. Piggy had proudly taken the initiative to light a Roman scented candle in the couple’s elegant dining room; it was centered to perfection. The house was tidied and polished, which would hopefully take away at least a fourth of Kermit’s stress. Dinner had also been prepared by the maiden herself, just because of the fact that tonight she lived to please. And because, she had been looking forward to this moment for what felt like- forever.
“Foo-Foo sweetheart,” Piggy began to her loyal companion, who stood at her feet admiring her outfit selection. “As much as Mommy loves vous, I am afraid that you will have to spend a night at Janice’s while Kermie and I are having our special date.”
Foo-Foo, (being indescribably wise), let out a whine, and perched her feet on Piggy’s knees. The spoiled pooch despised being cheap bones, getting her nails trimmed, and trips to the clinic. But the one thing that she despised the most of all, was leaving Piggy’s side. Her “mother” was the most faithful care giver a dog could ever have.
“Aww,” Piggy began feeling somewhat sorry. “Do not worry dear. I have already informed Janice on exactly what you need to be comfortable and happy. And if she forgets anything, you can call Mommy at any time.”
The truth was, Piggy was actually more worried than Foo-Foo. The last time she had allowed Janice to babysit her dog, the guitarist ended up having to get stitches on her hand, and could not perform for two weeks. It was in fact so terrible, that it almost gave Piggy a panic attack to know her friend had agreed to the responsibility again. Perhaps even Janice knew the importance of keeping Foo-Foo out of the household in Kermit’s presence. Even after Miss Piggy reassured her of the circumstances, the dog still seemed to have concerned eyes. The only remedy that Piggy could possibly think of was a gentle, cuddle. Just as she began to embrace Foo-Foo’s fur, her cell phone had rung.
“Miss Piggy,” she answered sweetly. She had not bothered to read the Caller ID.
“ Hey Piggy,” begun what sounded like a depressed Janice. Piggy quickly started out of her bedroom and into the hallway. Foo-Foo, as usual, followed.
“Oh, Bonjour Janice!” Piggy did her best to sound enthusiastic. “I would like to just thank you once more for dedicating your night to my precious little angel.”
“Right, about that...” Janice responded. Immediately Miss Piggy expected the release of terrible news. “Like when my alarm clock rang this morning, I realized in the upper-hand corner of my phone, that today is the 14th...” her voice seemed to trail off by the minute. Not sure of what Janice was attempting to say, Piggy chimed in.
“And?”
This time Janice sounded rather confused, as if Piggy should have known what that meant.
“The 14th of February...”
Clueless Piggy did not even bother to take a guess.
“And that means what, exactly?”
Finally Janice broke the news.
“Valentine’s Day.”
Piggy was already well aware of the fact that today was Cupid’s day. That was apart of the reason why she had made such romantic plans for tonight. That was the entire reason Kermit had also made it his duty to rearrange his tight schedule on such short notice. Considering the fact that Piggy had contacted Janice about the job an entire week in advance, she figured that she was not already down for plans. Feeling a tad bit guilty and disappointed, Piggy gave her a sudden, delightful greeting.
“Happy Valentine’s Day dear!” If only she could see the straight face expression on Janice’s face.
“So, Floyd called me this morning to wish me a happy Valentine’s day, and asked me if I wanted to go out tonight. I told him about the dog and everything, but he wouldn’t take no for an answer.”
“And you thought moi would?” Piggy blurted selfishly. Just after her outburst, she realized her terrible mistake. Every woman wants to be treated and dined by her date, especially on such a holiday. Wasn’t it only fair that Janice was given her night just like everyone else? Sometimes sudden change could bring the worst out of her.
“I’m sorry Janice,” she began sounding calmer. “You have worked ever so hard in your career, and have done me so many wonderful favors as my friend. It is only just that you have this night with Floyd, worry-free.
“I’m like rully sorry Piggy. I hate having to cancel plans, especially for you. But this is something I have to do. Is everything going to be alright still?”
“Not particularly,” Piggy stated dryly. “But I suppose I should start searching for an alternative before it gets too late.”
Janice paused to think of a possible solution for the problem.
“ Like, why don’t you ask Rizzo and Gonzo? They could use some extra cash, fer sure.”
“Not in this lifetime!” Piggy quickly responded with a slight growl. “Besides, Gonzo probably has plans with Camilla, and Rizzo with Yolanda.”
Janice knodded her head in agreement.
“Yeah you’re right,” she began still in a thinking stage. Suddenly she had another idea. “Hey, like, what about Walter? I bet he would die just to be able to say he touched the dog!” Janice joked with a cute laugh. Piggy did not laugh back however. She knew that if she wanted all to go perfect tonight, (which would definitely be a first Muppet miracle), she would HAVE to learn to take desperate measures....

lady piggy

Reaction score
Listen ,to ya heer that? That's the sound of my heart melting lol anyways oh this story <3 I'm definitely hooked ,like Piggy and a brand new pair of designer shoes. It's worded flawlessly, i can totally picture what's going on in the story,crystal clear . The story it's self ,like wow and a Valentine theme story too!!!! This story ( for me that is ) is like rich chocolate for the mind ,light ,sweet , and addicting . :smile: more please

Bridget

Reaction score
It is a wee bit short, but here is Chapter One! Comment ;D

Chapter One:
Kermit was sitting at his desk at the theater, flipping through a women’s fragrance catalog, when Floyd came in through the backstage entrance holding his guitar. Just as himself, Floyd seemed to be worrying about something as well. Soon enough Kermit would hear exactly what that was.
“Evenin’ Kermit,” Floyd greeted him as he scooted up closer to his side. There was a sad and confused expression on the bass player’s face as he let out a deep sigh. It was quite unusual for Floyd to display such personal emotions, especially in public.
“Hey there Floyd,” he replied still flipping through the catalog. “Is, everything alright?” Though Kermit was always more than happy to assist with his friend’s problems when necessary, he was in the middle of finding a solution to his own. It was already 6:00pm, according to the clock on the wall, and he still had not found an appropriate gift to give to his pig-friend. He had searched through online stores, shopping malls, and even through his own mind to find a creative, unpredictable present that she would enjoy. However, none of which he had found he thought would spark Piggy’s interest.
“No man,” Floyd begun sounding shady. “Today’s V-day, and I still ain’t found Janice anything.”
Kermit was quite pleased inside to hear that he was not alone in the whole gift-selecting process. He quickly turned around and confessed his own similar issue.
“I know what you mean,” he begun stressfully. “I’ve been searching high and low for a gift for Piggy, and everything I found she either owns, or has something better.”
Floyd shook his head and let out a deeper breath, as if the amphibian had just read his mind. There were two long days out of the year that a man in a relationship had to worry about- their mate’s birthday, and Valentine’s day. Typically, all one had to do was purchase a colorful bouquet of flowers and an assorted box of chocolate to steal their lover’s heart. However, they both knew that if they wanted to make a romantic, creative impression, they would have to think outside of the box on this one.
“I don’t even know where to begin. She doesn’t like big things, but if I got her somethin’ small, it wouldn’t be big enough. Women are like an untitled piece of music, man.”
Unsure of what exactly Floyd meant by that expression, Kermit agreed.
“Yeah. I’d get her a sweater or something, but obviously I’m not that fond of the clothing department. Besides, she has all of her outfits either delivered from across the world, or tailor-made by some famous designer. I think I’m really stuck here,” said Kermit.
“This would be so much easier if I just knew what she wanted!” complained Floyd sounding even more worried than before. And he had good reason. He had invited Janice out to a small, restaurant/bar around the corner from his apartment called Murphy’s, and now was the time he had to get himself prepared. He needed to dig up one of his old suit and ties, ask the gang if they wouldn’t mind assisting him in polishing up the bus, and of course pick her up on time- which would wait for nobody. Somehow, seeing the overwhelmed expression on Floyd’s face made a light bulb appear in Kermit’s head.
“Wait just a second,” he began putting the catalog aside. He stood up and began to pace back and fourth in a thinking pose. Floyd followed behind him doing the same. “What if we were to come up with an inside plan to find out what both of them want? Like a spy mission or something...” Floyd continued to follow his pace, and think along.
“Hey man, that could work,” he agreed in a calmer voice. “Maybe you could spend an hour with Jan, and find out what she wants the most! Then once you do, you could call me, and I could go and pick it up! She’d never know!”
Kermit seemed to like where the plan was going. If he could somehow come up with a possible explanation for wanting to spend time with Floyd’s girlfriend at such late notice, they could both pull it off. He smiled very merrily, and began walking faster.
“That’s great Floyd,” he started again. “And while I’m with Janice somewhere, you could be figuring out what it is that Pig-” Floyd QUICKLY cut the frog off and halted in his tracks. There was a very thick line between the interaction of the two, and for a very intended reason. It would be completely out of his nature to socialize with the “self-centered diva”. Floyd assured him of that too.
“It ain’t happenin’ frog.”
“What do you mean?” Kermit asked, confused. He had now halted as well.
“I ain’t ‘bout to risk my life tryin’ to get through to her. It ain’t happenin’.” Floyd could feel his pulse rushing just at the thought of being in her presence. The two had very different tastes, very different interests, and extremely different personalities. Floyd couldn’t even begin what Miss Piggy’s reaction would be to all of this. He doubted even being able to step foot into her house without a dirty stare.
“But, Floyd. I really need you to do this. I know you guys aren’t exactly the best of friends, but this would help both of us make things right. Please?” Kermit asked.
Floyd felt indecisive and doubtful. What if he returned from the secret mission with a broken arm? Or even worst, a broken gut? He did not wish to be severely injured, but more importantly, he did not want to refuse Kermit’s favor considering he had always been there for him in his bad times. Therefore, he did something he never thought he would do in his life.
“Fine,” Floyd. “I’ll do it for you. But don’t expect me to be all nice and everything. I’m gonna figure it out, and leave.”
“Oh good!” Kermit replied cheerfully. He went over to the coat rack and zippered up his black trench. Inside of his coat pocket was his cell phone, in which he was very terrible at managing. He showed it to Floyd who seemed quite reluctant in his decision. It was one of the more simple, average flip-ones. “Hey listen, when she finally breaks the news, give me a call.” He began to head towards the exit swiftly. Floyd put up an index finger as if he were about to make a better suggestion.
“Wouldn’t texting make it easier? Its gonna be hard to talk aloud.”
Kermit had definitely thought about that, but the truth was, he did not know the first thing about texting.
“Don’t worry,” he assured him. “We’ll make it work! Thanks again Floyd, you’re a real lifesaver!” and he left the building.
Floyd watched as his little green buddy quickly headed down the road to meet with his girlfriend. He could feel the lightweight of his head as he thought about what troubles could lie ahead of him. But he soon had to get over it. An agreement was definitely an agreement, and if he had to spend a few days in the hospital- so be it. Floyd took out his own cell phone and searched for Piggy in his contacts, (whom he was surprised was there in the first place.) As soon as he found her name, he stared at it with his eyes closed, thinking of how to begin...

Bridget

Reaction score
I was going to combine Chapters 2 and 3 together, but I realized that I wanted to rearrange something. So this one is a tad bit short as well.
Chapter Two:

Janice was beginning to grow more and more impatient by the minute, as she eagerly awaited her rock star is golden buttons. A unique aspect of Floyd was that he somehow always managed to show on time. Strangely however, it was a half hour until sunset and he had not even bothered to call to notify her anything. Janice was not the least bit upset over the delay, but rather concerned as to where he could be. She decided to call Piggy once more to see how she was coping with things. When the phone stopped ringing, she was able to hear the faint sound of wind blowing into car windows. Piggy must have been out driving.
“Hello?” Piggy answered bluntly. It sounded as if she was either agitated or not in the mood for phone calls. Perhaps it could have been a little bit of both. Janice made sure to speak slowly and lightly, just in case…
“Hey Piggy, it’s me again. Like, how are things going with Kermit so far?” she asked hopefully. She was hoping to possibly hear that her prince had not yet arrived either. The loneliness was seriously beginning to have an effect on her. Janice bit her lip as she waited for a response.
“Oh shut-up you filthy road hog!” she her heard yell; the sound of a sudden street swerve in the background. Janice did not even attempt to guess who Piggy could possibly be scorning. All she could contribute to the random outburst was a sense of thankfulness that she was not around.
“My apologies dear. I swear, some people were just not born for the wheel. Now, what is it you wanted?”
Janice made sure to say a tiny prayer in her head for whoever the unknown driver was.
“I was wondering if you had that dinner with Kermit yet,” she reassured her.
“Oh that,” Piggy mumbled. “I have not been home since an hour ago. I went to drop Foo-Foo off at- Walter’s.”
“How’d she take to it?”
“Miserably,” Piggy said with a gloomy sigh, dramatically. “The role of motherhood is very complex. I hate having to leave her in the presence of a stranger. Oh Janice, I am so worried!” she continued beginning to sound far more realistic and saddened.
“Wow that sucks fer sure. I’m getting a little worried too. Floyd told me he’d be here at exactly-“
Either Piggy was still mourning over the whole dog situation, or she specifically did not wish to discuss the topic concerning such.
“Why is it so difficult Janice? I never feel this concerned when she is in your care. Do you think that I am simply overreacting about it all?”
Janice knew exactly what she wanted to say, but if she wanted to save her eardrums and Piggy’s tears, she had better shift gears- and fast. She brainstormed another topic that could soothe them both.
“I’m giving Floyd a base alarm clock for Valentine’s Day. I found it at a rully cool gift shop at a down-town hospital when I went to visit my grandmother. Do you think it’s too cheap?” she asked worryingly. Janice’s intentions were not to necessarily go for inexpensive, but something he could actually put to use and enjoy. Floyd seemed to favor anything music related, and the clock appeared to be just his type of trinket at the time. Just as Piggy was beginning to continue on about her feelings, three light knocks emerged from her apartment door. Immediately, Janice assured Piggy that her man had finally arrived to take her out. She cheerfully tossed her cell phone on her colorful couch, and grabbed her beige sweater in her left hand. Drawing closer to the doorknob, she was able to hear small puffs of breath. Janice speedily twisted the knob, more than ready to greet her handsome, charming, humorous, groovy- frog? More confused than she had ever been in her entire lifetime, Janice stood speechless staring at the panting amphibian.
“That was quite a flight of stairs. You must get awfully tired walking up and down here every day,” said Kermit, as if his sudden arrival had been expected all along. Janice, still in a serious shock spoke with a shake in her voice.
“Well there’s an elevator in the lobby so…” her voice trailed off. First of all, what in Henson’s name was Kermit doing at her house uninvited? It was not that it was not a pleasure to see the face of her fellow, green buddy- but on Valentine’s Day? And most importantly, why was he not at home waiting for Piggy? Had the special occasion slipped his mind? And if it had, what did she have to do with any of it? Regardless of the endless amount of questions she desired to throw at him, Janice unfolded a welcoming hand and showed him inside.
“It sure is a nice place you’ve got here. I don’t think I’ve ever had the opportunity to see it,” said Kermit, his head observing his new environment.
‘Then how’d you find my place?’ Janice thought in her mind. Nevertheless, (even though she was quite disappointed), she went along with it smoothly. “Well, there’s a first.”
Kermit, now caught up with his breath, began to “explain.” “I came because I sort of need your help with something.”
“Like, if it’s about what **** means, it stands for-“
“Oh, no not that,” Kermit cut in. He began to unbutton his long, brown trench. “It’s Piggy. I was wondering if you could help me with selecting an appropriate gift. I tried all the stores already, and I couldn't find something she’d like.”
Something about this “problem” happened to seem odd and unbelievable. But then again, realistically speaking, it sounded predictable. It was predictable that Kermit would wait until the final minute to ask for assistance, and VERY reasonable to ask a female’s opinion on gift selecting. What was unbelievable was that the frog did not appear to be the least bit weary of the fact that he would be leaving Piggy home alone, for quite some time. It felt almost as if it were planned ahead of time…
“Oh,” started Janice unable to find the right words. “Have you tried a sweater?”
“The receiver is Miss Piggy.”
“Right, right,” replied Janice in remembrance. She kindly took Kermit’s coat and hung it on her cluttered coat rack. “Well… if you wanted to stay a few minutes I could crack us open some sodas and we could-“
“Oh good,” pleaded Kermit with a smile. It was more of a smile of relief and satisfaction. “Hey I'm sorry to show up at the last minute and all, but I couldn't find your number and it was getting late so I-“
“Like, mellow out Kermit. It’s cool, really. I’m probably going to be waiting here for a while anyway, so why not wait with company? Besides, I might just have a few ideas that could work.”

So, the two relaxed on the comfortable sofa for a while, drinking orange soda, and discussing the topic of their mates’ preferences and pet peeves, to possibly come up with a suitable idea.

Bridget

Reaction score
Chapter 3:

Miss Piggy soon made her way back home, after a very nerve-wrecking flood of traffic. She stepped out of her shiny Porche onto their (newest), grey-paved driveway. The moment her heel touched it, she could not help but remember the hard work Kermit had put into that project, and how he had made sure that it was done carefully and professionally. To savor the moment it was completed, the couple had left their handprints in the cement on the side of the house and signed it “K+P”.
On her way to the porch to unlock the door, she fished out her key ring which more than likely wouldn’t be able to hold anything else. On it was a key to their home, the theater, her dressing room, and several chains which read many of her most well-known quotes. To tell the difference between the keys, Piggy had color-coated them with a small dot of different color nail polishes. It may have been odd, but the idea definitely saved time it would have took her originally. It suddenly occurred to her, that she had not yet checked the mail which usually arrived around this time. When she opened up the mail box, she immediately noticed the typical letters; junk mail, bills, business brochures. But in the rear of the box lied something she had been waiting patiently for. It was a medium sized package which held a special present she had sent for a week ago, especially for Valentine’s day. Her face brightened up and she quickly took hold of it in her hands.
‘Oh Kermit is just going to love this!’ she squealed inside of her head, hearing love-like guitar strums in the background. Romance and showing others her love for them was one of the less commonly known factors she lived for. As she found herself to snap back into reality, the love-like guitar strums she’d heard still seemed to be audible somehow. Attempting to rid her mind of the continuous music, Piggy started for the porch feeling hopeful yet dizzy. The very second she stepped foot on the doorstep, she noticed a blur of purple in her peripheral vision. And that “blur” was no doubt, the source of the strums. Piggy made sure to turn around slowly when she faced the stranger, just to make sure she had not lost her marbles. Once she had made eye contact, her annoyance immediately kicked in.
“Is this some kind of joke?” she asked lightly. A hand was now placed on her torso to prove her point. “Perhaps you are mistaken, dear. Today is Valentine’s Day NOT April Fools. Now get off my property before I call the cops.”
“I checked my calendar Miss Pork chops,” and argumentative Floyd responded, standing up to her level. “I’m here to-” he paused. How could he just tell Piggy that he wanted her advice without sounding humble? On one hand, the truth was, that he did not come for her view on anything. However, on the other, he needed a believable reason to be in her presence.
“Here to what?” Piggy asked sarcastically. “Here to insult moi, here to make smart-Alec comments, here to-”
Floyd broke his calm spirit in a split second.
“This is exactly what I’m talkin’ 'bout! Why ev’ry time I try to ask a simple question, you always have to act so snarky?”
“Snarky?” Piggy blurted with a fake, short giggle. “You actually have the nerve to call moi snarky? Which one of us decided that it would be completely lawful to just sit on someone’s private property without permission or reason?”
“Well maybe if you’d just close your mouth for a second, I could explain why!” Floyd. He was beginning to loose his own self, and more importantly, his chances of actually going through with Kermit’s request. He had no choice but to back down, and allow the “pig” to win this pointless battle.
“I am certain that whatever possible business you have here, is insignificant. But because I am a fair woman, you have no more than thirty seconds to state your reasoning.” Piggy sounded just as one of those GPS’ did, but perhaps a bit higher. Lucky for Floyd, short summarization was his middle name. He made sure to sound “needy”.
“It’s Janice man. I need your advice on what to get her. Ev’ryone says you’re good with this kinda thing, so I showed.”
Piggy’s heart took a fairly tight squeeze. Never had she predicted or even thought possible, a day where one of her biggest nemesis’ would actually ask of her assistance. It was indeed true, she was a very qualified individual to go to for love advice. Due to the fact that she herself was involved in a very complicated relationship, Miss Piggy could easily and effectively assist one in romance. The thing that (strangely) touched her, was the fact that others spoke of her treasured skills in such. Though she honestly did not feel like welcoming Floyd into her home at the moment, she could not resist a chance to add sunshine to the predicament, and up her reputation even more in the process. Tossing her hair over her shoulder she gave in to his request with a flattered chuckle.
“Well, I am a natural at these sort of things, aha,” said Piggy, her voice back to its original tone. “Alright Floyd, I will help you. But before we do anything, there are some rules you must follow. Absolutely no referring to moi as “man”- it is very annoying. Rule number two, the base stays out here.”
Floyd’s eyes winded as he grasped his base guitar which was slung around his torso.
“What? I never go anywhere without my base ma-” he corrected himself in little time. “Fine.” Floyd sat his faithful instrument on the middle rocking chair next to him with care. Piggy seemed to be satisfied with his submissive reaction and also excited to begin her mentoring. Floyd looked into her sparkling eyes of eagerness, and hoped in his heart that she would not go overboard with anything. The two went inside and prepared to begin....

Bridget

Reaction score
Chapter 4:
Janice was holding a miniature, spiral notebook and a blue gel pen in her hands. She was jotting down that which Kermit agreed would make a suitable present. It was already 7:30 and they hadn’t a single creative idea written down. As she waited for Kermit to speak up with something she could work with, she wondered what Floyd might have been doing at this time. Kermit seemed to had finally gave up brainstorming, right when she was getting deep into her thoughts.
“I have nothing,” he confessed looking down at his fingers hopelessly. Kermit secretly questioned himself as to why he could come up with the perfect idea for anything but romance. Was it that he simply wasn’t born for this sort of thing, or that he had put off that part of his life so frequently that he forgot how? Janice leaned in for a reminder of faith.
“Hey, no prob,” she assured him with a pat on his knee. “That’s what I’m here for.”
“Hey Janice,” began Kermit now looking at her. “If you could have anything in the world from Floyd, what would it be?”
“Well it wouldn’t be an item, that’s fer sure,” she responded non-hesitantly. It was almost as if she was holding onto that feeling for the longest. Kermit sat up, realizing that now was his chance to get some juicy information on her desires. He noticed that she had put the pencil and pad to the side, and sneakily took both when she was not looking. He wanted to make sure that he got the details down right and exact.
“Gifts are rully cool and all, but if I could get anything in the world from Floyd, it would be his time. Like, I know it may sound a little selfish. But sometimes I wish that I had the power to just freeze the rest of the world, leaving him and I alone. We hardly ever get that.”
Kermit could relate to this completely. He was one of the main people who always caught up in his business life (unintentionally), and always had to postpone his plans with Miss Piggy. Janice was right. Spending time with your loved ones was worth more than any physical gift in the entire universe. If only there were more hours in the day; Kermit could make each and every remaining one last. He nodded in agreement.
“Wow, I never really thought about it that way. But you’re right.”
Janice was beginning to feel just a tiny bit emotional inside, due to her aching heart which longed to express these feelings to him in person.
“Music is my life, and I would never give it up for anything. But I want our relationship to go much further than that and beyond the stage, you know? Like, even for an week, a day, an hour. I just want it to be us- and nothing else.”
Kermit scribbled parts of her words paper; she did not notice. Not only was the frog picturing how Floyd would react to hearing how his girlfriend truly felt deep inside, but he was also taking into consideration how he could apply Janice’s message to his own. Kermit could pick up the sense that Janice was a little depressed, and attempted to bring the mood back up.
“I know what you mean. I make the mistake of putting Piggy last way too often, when the truth is, without her, I don’t really have anything to live for. I guess you could say that’s why I try so hard on the holidays. It’s basically my time to prove to her that she is my top priority,” he said lacking confidence. He was beginning to feel a bit glum, himself. “I guess you could say that I make the mistake of listening to my mind before my heart at times. That’s when things always tend to go wrong.”
Janice suddenly realized exactly what she could do to help. Maybe what Kermit needed was something that would reveal to Piggy his hidden emotions, without him actually having to improvise. She stood up quickly and put out a hand for him to join her.
“Like, that’s it!” she said cheerfully.
Kermit accepted her invitation to rise, and stood to her level with a finger to his chin.
“What’s it?”
“You want Piggy to know that you really have had her in mind all year right? Well, maybe what you need is a homemade card from the heart!” Janice pleaded. Kermit was reminded of how cheesy he felt it would seem to present such a cliche gift. He placed his hands behind his back.
“Gee, I don’t know Janice. Don’t you think it’s a little... too little?”
“See, that’s the problem,” said Janice. She boldly stated her view. “Men always try to go overboard with these kind of things. That’s why they never turn out right. Like, stop always trying to make bigger seem better, and just let it come from your heart. If you make it mean something, then she’ll feel something.”
Kermit was shocked and impressed to hear Janice speak in such an opinionated fashion. He never knew that she had all of these feelings stored inside of her about the reality of love. He also really favored how open and honest she was with him, rather than allowing him to think weakly. He was in fact so stunned, that he took a mental note and remained speechless yet loyal.
“Now,” she began grabbing their jackets off of the rack. “If you rully want to pour your emotions onto paper, you’re gonna need a peaceful place to do it in. Where do you work best?”
“Well, I really like being around the lake,” said Kermit with a smile. He appreciated the fact that Janice was being so flexible on such short time. He buttoned his trench up.
“Cool,” she responded. “There’s this park down the street that has a small lake across from it. No one hardly comes there, so it’s pretty quite minus the birds.” Janice walked towards the door and tucked her cell phone inside of her pocket. “Oh yeah, and there’s a small convenient store around the corner. We’ll stop there and get some quick supplies to help make it “appealing”. Now let’s go before it gets too late.”
Kermit did as she said and was swift in his buttoning. He made sure that he too had his cell phone, so that he could notify Floyd on the progress he was making with Janice. On his way out of the door, he tossed the soda can which he had been drinking earlier into the trash, and cut off the living room light.

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
LOVE IT!

Reading Valentine's Day stories makes me wish that I want to have someone to love, but education comes first and I had been single for twenty-two years. However, I think Muppets is the stuff I am deeply in love with right now.

I don't need any make up or something fancy to wear all the time except on special occasions.