My friend Mark

little jerry

Reaction score
Hi everyone let me tell you about A very specail near and dear friend of mine named mark. You see I go to a place for the disabled called heritage farm i now go there 4 days a week but i hope to at somepoint make it 5 days a week. When i graduated in the year of 200 with a regents diplomia i wonderd if there was happiness after school. So my parents took me for a tour of this place and then I did what is known as a respite where you stay overnight and do an activity. Well my first repsite was a 4 to 8 deal and while i was wating with my friends to go out and see a dance group this cute guy walks in and says hi to everyone and when he saw me he said oh you must be the new girl i'm excited to have you here. Ever since then we've been close friends but the sad part was in september of 2003 he decied to leave hearitage farem to go and sell cars i was very sad that he had to leave but i know it was for the better but even today it is still hard for me. Isn't ncie to know that there are still people out there who are willing to make people feel welcomed and happy

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
You're right, it is great to have someone make you feel welcomed and happy to volunteer. With the work I do with the Ronald McDonald House of Memphis I'm in the same situation: You like it because it's fun, it's interesting, and it's rewarding--and the families and kids are always welcoming and happy to have you.