My Childhood, courtesy of RetroJunk

MrsPepper

Reaction score
I had never before realized how great the website RetroJunk.com is. I just had a major blast from the past trying to find old shows/commercials! And I had to share.

Doncha put it in your mouth is, and always will be, the best public service announcement EVER. Even before I went back and found this, I knew all the words! But I never understood why the Lion was the announcer... and until now I never realized the VERY obvious puppeteer's arm under the girl right at the end!

As for TV shows:
The Smoggies

Today's Special

The Raccoons

Revel in the Canadian Glory!

I thought it would be fun if we all posted shows that we liked back in the day (no matter when that was for you :wink: ), because we obviously have Muppets and puppet stuff in common, so it would be fun to see what else we all enjoyed as kids!

BeakerSqueedom

Reaction score
Now, where is that hug? :big_grin:
LOL!

---

Wow, my brother vists that site sooo much. He forced me to sit next to him and watch it.
When I do watch them...I remember really sweet childhood things...even though I never had much of a chidhood.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
**Extra Squeegee hugs** BUT you actually have to answer my question/ check out some links! :stick_out_tongue:

BeakerSqueedom

Reaction score
I could---I can't....volume is shut off. Mom will hear me and drag me off the comp. LOL!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yeah, RetroJunk is pretty cool... that is IF they have anything worth looking at; I must say, at least they've given YOU something to look at Peppi, I've never seen anything worth looking at there.

Lol "Doncha Put it In Your Mouth", that was a catchy little PSA; it kind of reminds me of a PSA we had down here in the States in the 80s with a punch of puppet pills singing "We're not candy/though we look so fine and dandy..". And I think I've seen The Racoons before, but I vaguely.

Oh well... am I still entitled to a hug?

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
I loved Today's Special and the Raccoons! They used to play Today's Special on Nickelodeon and the Raccoons on the Disney Channel here in the states, it was awesome! No one seems to know the Raccoons! I loved them!

MeWantCookie

Reaction score
I love that site! Brings back so many memories :smile: I especially love watching the old TV show intros and commercials.

Beaky, is there a chance that your computer has a headphone jack?

Katzi428

Reaction score
WOW!
I'm going to sound like such an old lady here.But my brother & sister were big fans of "Today's Special" when it was on Nickelodeon here in the 80sMy brother pretended to be Jeff (the dummy... meaning dressmakers' dummy.Although my brother acted like a dummy sometimes but let's not go there.:wink: )
And my sister would pretend to cast that "HocusPocus Allamagocus!" on him to make him come to life.
Now..if you'll excuse me,I must go pluck some gray hair out of my head.

Pork

Reaction score
I've never been to that site beofre...it's really cool.
Shows I loved

Duck Tales
Raggy Dolls
Art Attack (used to watch that one alot)

lots more...

MeWantCookie

Reaction score
yeah I remember all those old Disney cartoons/Saturday morning cartoons, etc. Even the Nickelodeon bumpers bring back memories! Anyone here watch the "Weird Al" show? I'm a huge fan of "Weird Al" (I met him in May '07 after I saw him in concert (coincidentally I was blowing off my senior prom for that)) but never watched the show...I wished I had though, since my favorite band (Hanson) made a guest appearance on it!