My Avatar Multiplied!

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
Ummm......is only one person supposed to use one pic? cause it could get a little confusing if two people have the same one!

just wondering....cause someone has mine:eek: my sense of security has just flown out the window.....or if whoever made it gave it to them that's fine, i'm just curious!

Sarah

scarecroe

Reaction score
Who else has it? I didn't give it out to anyone else. Too many peope have Pepe avatars anyway, lol.

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
someone named McShlee it looks EXACTLY the same...i can always change mine, though

Sarah

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
That is yours. It does happen. It's happened to me a few times and I'll just politely ask them to find one of their own. People have even used some of my menu graphics etc. Just weirdness. As long as they don't use my Scooter I'm okay. I find our avatars an importaint expression of individuality. It makes no sense to use sombody's avatar. We shoud address this issue somewhere on the site.

sidcrowe

Reaction score
Avatars that multiply? Heck, I'm impressed...I was never any good at math.

Thank you, you've been a wonderful audience, Happy Valentine's Day; drive safe everyone.

Goodnight!

:big_grin:

Hee hee hee

beaker

Reaction score
Re: My Avatar Multiplied!!!!!!

Originally posted by sarah_yzma
Ummm......is only one person supposed to use one pic? cause it could get a little confusing if two people have the same one!
Oh no no...when I make an avatar for someone, thats specific to the individual. As Jamie said, avatars are kind of an extention or expression of individuality. I get a lot of requests to make avatars, and I make sure I use very different photos/drawings/etc in cases where someone wants the same avatar.

But its funny, as I remember photoshopping that Pepe pic(half the body was obscured by another Muppet :eek: ) so its kind of silly to be avatar stealing, heh.

The funniest instance was last week during the contest, someone had copied thee exact avatar as Phil, and it drove me batty...having to refresh the day's cake page and seeing that avatar, but realizing it wasnt Phil. ^_^

RockSTAR girl

Reaction score
Hey i noticed your photocopy running around earlier too,
I WAS SO SCARED BECAUSE IT WASN'T OUR DEAR SARAH

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHH....alright im ok proceed with your business

btw, first come first serve

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
hehe what's funny is my avatar has been worked on by soo many people! it was made cleaned up two or three times (even once by myself....but then someone had to fix it again!)

so it's a group effort:smile:

Sarah

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Originally posted by frogboy4
That is yours. It does happen. It's happened to me a few times and I'll just politely ask them to find one of their own. People have even used some of my menu graphics etc. Just weirdness. As long as they don't use my Scooter I'm okay. I find our avatars an importaint expression of individuality. It makes no sense to use sombody's avatar. We shoud address this issue somewhere on the site.
:embarrassed:

Yeah, I've noticed that with some avatars. It does get confusing, because, I associate a person with their avatar. I get confused when people change their avatars, but, normally, I can still associate that person to that avatar.

Like, Sarah, I will always associate you with that goofy lookin' Pepe!:big_grin: Fozzie Bear'll always be Fozzie Bear to me. Even after seeing his photo.

It doesn't bother me so much that people use the same avatars, except, I don't normally look at the screen name. Just the avatar. So, that's YOUR particualr identity with me. Not anyone else's.

:wink:

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
yes i am going to write a polite e-mail saying it confuses some people and if they want one, people will be glad to make them one!

Sarah