Music Questions- for muppet music buffs

TheDude

Reaction score
Hey guys, long time no post huh? Ive been really busy "mov'n right along" with my show biz career. Id like to give a shout out to all my muppetfest buds. hiya hiya! anyhooo....

I have two music questions that i would LOVE to know the answer too.

1. i need to know who wrote " not easy being green" i can only assume that it was paul williams... but but for some reason im not sure.

2. how can i obtain the " every morn'n" song used in the jim henson tribute montage at MF?

Thanks for your help. You guys rock!:big_grin:

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
2. how can i obtain the " every morn'n" song used in the jim henson tribute montage at MF?
The actual name of the song is "Follow Me," sung by "Uncle" Traveling Matt and Gobo from Fraggle Rock. I know one of the posters around here (I believe it's Warrick) has the mp3 of that song on his FR website.

-Kim

jeremyactor

Reaction score
Otherwise I believe I have that song and could email it to you

Jeremy

grail

Reaction score
aren't there several versions of "Follow Me"?

TheDude

Reaction score
I would LOVE and emailed copy. I keep trying to DL it offline but i cant ever get enough sources to complete the file. if any muppetfan is willing to email it to lashguy7@aol.com it woudl be gretly apprecaited.

TheDude

Reaction score
Wait let me backpaddle here, i was finnally able to get it downloaded after all so i wont be aksing for an emailed copy. Thanks you so much guys for your help. I sure wish they woudl realese the video of the fest so i could relive that incrediable video montage again. O well i 'll talk to you guys later.

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Originally posted by grail
aren't there several versions of "Follow Me"?
Well, I know there was the "Follow Me" that was commercially released..this differed from the version that was on Fraggle Rock's premiere episode "Beginnings." Then there was the song "Follow You," which was in the same tune, sung by Gobo's nephew (as in it was the progression of explorer uncles in Gobo's family). Thats all the ones I know.

The Matt Heap has spoken! Nyaaahh!! :big_grin:

-Matt

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
FR songs re-hashed

Also, Cotterpin's "The Way I've Got To Go" is a song actually sung by Mokey first---in the episode where Gobo goes to look for Uncle Matt. Mokey's song is called "Kick A Stone", and then Cotterpin's song (same music, different lyrics) came later.

I think it's so interesting when that happens with a song in the series...