Music help for Performing!

FRAZZLED

Reaction score
Hi,
I am training and practicing my puppetry and really want to work on my lip sync and performance singing. I have searched all over the place (youtube etc) to find covers or simply instrumentals of two Muppet songs that I would love to try and perform. They are "Cottleston Pie" and "Captain Vegetable." Two wonderful, classic songs. I am not talented enough to play the piano so was wondering if anyone has instrumental covers/tracks of these songs? Or any advice on where to find them. Thanks for any help!!

MagicFractal

Reaction score
Maybe you already have this. A book with the tunes that you can plink into any MIDI program and then play with sound of Xylophone, flute, tuned drums, etc. etc.

The Hums of Pooh by A. A. Milne, music by H. Frasier-Simson, published by E.P Dutton, New Yoork, ©1930, 1939 Titles: Isn't it Funny, How Sweet to be a Cloud, Cottleston Pie, Lines Written by a Bear of Very Little Brain, Sing Ho! for the Life of a Bear, They all went off to Discover the Pole, 3 Cheers for Pooh, The More it Snows, What Shall We Do About Poor Little Tigger?, I Could Spend a Happy Morning, Oh! The Butterflies Are Flying, If Rabbit Were Bigger, This Warm and Sunny Spot I Lay on my Chest, Here Lies a Tree, Christopher Robin is Going.

Captain Vegetable is available as MP3 here (and many other Muppet tunes)
http://members.tripod.com/Tiny_Dancer/sssounds.html

MIDI format is most useful for little theaters because you can vary the tempo and the octave, and play a tune with unusual instruments (think Spike Jones or Al Yankovic). That allows re-using a tune with originality in many places, as an arranger would do for a big theater.

Some software to do MIDI is free on WWW, but my favorite is Cakewalk.