Muppets' Wizard of Oz cast list

floydnjanicefan

Reaction score
Sadly, Frank has not worked with the Muppets in a while. But I believe that they are going to make a frank oz reference in the film...

The Good Doctor

Reaction score
Frank OZ

In another forum here at Muppet Central I was informed that Frank has decided to stop working with the Muppets and do more with the directing and producing.

I think in a way he was getting tired of performing, and wanted to spread his wings a little. Let’s face it the old magic really has not been there in the last few Muppet films, and some new life breathed into his characters is wonderful.

But like anything else with change come great opportunity, and the ability to see beyond ourselves in other crazy directions. And I think Frank found a new direction and wanted to go there.

The Muppets have and always will be a call to the best part of ourselves, and that call has just slightly changed direction for Frank OZ.
:embarrassed:

Gonzo'sTrumpet

Reaction score
That's sad news... :embarrassed: but if he's been gone for a while, I haven't noticed. So the new guy must be pretty good! When did Frank leave?

The Good Doctor

Reaction score
Frank OZ

Does any one know why Frank left, there is a lot of guessing going on. I have my own thought s on the matter but i was wondering if any one has the facts on the subject.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Well why not let him tell you himself there are some pretty old intervews with him on www.ign.com i think. there he talks about all of it it was right after MFS so that kind of when he was leaving.

Beauregard

Reaction score
I was just thinking wouldn't it be fun-nie to see 2 Miss Piggy witches crash on their broomsticks, and goi screaming together down to land in front of the Mupets when they are doing some grand Miss Piggy enterence!

Also, since the Good Witch of the North has white hair, and a white suit, do you think the Wicked Witch of the West will have black hair? Or will she be a cow-girl?

McFraggle

Reaction score
More black hair, punk-ish than a cowgirl I would say. :wink:

Beauregard

Reaction score
Yes, me too. But I think "West" maybe she could be the swinging, hip cowgirl witch of the west?