Muppets to appear in Disney Channel TV special

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luke

Reaction score
The Muppet Studios number and office location has changed since from when it was the number put here. I left a message for someone at Disney Press who is supposedly getting back to me but the time difference here makes it hard.

Great info Frogboy, hope that anonymous source is all correct, all makes sense. Yeah i had read somewhere in one of the articles thats been mentioned here somewhere that the musical numbers were shot last year and they went back and did the links recently or it may have been the other way around, lol.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
...does that mean I'm both a poser and a hater? Because my friends from the street tell me neither is reputable.
Grover: I did not tell you that!
*ahem*
... pasted hatter?

According to Muppet Wiki, it'll be on August 3. The poster of that info says it comes from Disney channel's press.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Can also confirm Sunday August 3rd, 8pm ET/PT. If you go to Disney Channels press site and view any of the picture captions they've now changed it to the new date, and also put it in the programming schedule area. They are still listing the Cheetah Girls as appearing tho.

http://www.dcmedianet.com/Web/display/display_main.aspx?typecode=ph&global_id=3117030
AWESOME! Thank you Luke! Great research! It's so nice to have a date again. I have a feeling it'll really happen on August 3rd--the first date they gave us seemed so rushed, ya know? I have a good feeling about that day. (And no, not just because it's two days after my last day of Summer Government class... :shifty: )

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
Okay, an anonymous member at the www.muppetnewsflash.com forum posted this:

"The Airdate has been pushed 2 weeks... and some of your information is wrong. The Cheetah girls are not in this first special. The Jonas Brothers are. There will be 2 more this year. And not all Principal photography was completed last year. Only 3 of the segments, they were shot as stand alone interstitials, and proved to test extremely well. More were shot, and the idea to do a series of specials was greenlit.

Enjoy! They are very funny!"

So there might be a total of three specials containing the Muppets this year!

Fewwwww. :smile: thats awesome news! :sing:

ngreen522

Reaction score
wow, do you think our calling prompted them to get the info out?

dwmckim

Reaction score
Being the realist that i am, i don't think the calls had anything to do with Disney getting the new date out - they would have done so anyway given that they would have had to do so about now (since the original airdate would have been this weekend) and also given the leadtime for tv guide type publications.

But, as for what the calls DID accomplish, they would have showed people at Disney how much fans care about the Muppets and that their fanbase follows new Muppet developments closely and passionately.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
ummm...disney doesnt own Jay Ward cartoons! they just released some videos back in the early 90s like they did with Alvin and the Chipmucks videos too!
I believe they do own some of their property. They released Underdog and Gorge of the Jungle and I think they were planing of releasing a few others, too. But anyway, they ruined them.:stick_out_tongue:

Glad eveything tested well and looks like they do have tome to promote it after all! they pushed it back because they wanted to put it out properly!

Drtooth

Reaction score
I believe they do own some of their property. They released Underdog and Gorge of the Jungle and I think they were planing of releasing a few others, too. But anyway, they ruined them

Underdog, first and formost ISN'T a Jay Ward production. it's a TTV production that was animated by the same Mexican studio, and distributed by the same company that somehow repackaged TTV reruns with Bullwinkle and Hoppity Hooper reruns, but it ISN'T a Jay Ward production. And as Buena Vista did distribute the videos in the 90's, and they did release the George of the Jungle film... but they were partnerships, nothing more.

Classic media now has the distribution rights to Jay Ward cartoons, and to add more confusion, TTV cartoons. and I still think the reason why we haven't seen Bullwinkle volumes past 3 is all due in part to Sony Blunder going under....

Status
Not open for further replies.