Muppets spitting, drinking from straws, and blowing out candles

JimAndFrank

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that Captain Smollet blew the candle out in the lantern just before he, Rizzo and Gonzo were taken by the wild boars in Treasure Island. Also, does Fozzie taking a sip of his drink in GMC count as drinking?

Is there a page for Muppets who light matches and all that sort of thing?

scarecroe

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that Captain Smollet blew the candle out in the lantern just before he, Rizzo and Gonzo were taken by the wild boars in Treasure Island.
Oh, good one! I'll go ahead and make a gif for that, thanks!

Also, does Fozzie taking a sip of his drink in GMC count as drinking?
I would say no, since it's not a display of a functioning mouth the way the other examples are.

Is there a page for Muppets who light matches and all that sort of thing?
Not that I know of. There could be if it's interesting enough. Where does it happen?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
A couple of SST examples I can think of are from Episode 276, and Elmo Saves Christmas: in Episode 276, Ernie drink both his and Bert's sodas through a straw; similarly, Elmo does the same with a glass of water he wished for because he was thirsty.

Whatnot1988

Reaction score
Does Big Bird blowing out birthday candles in a (circa) season 21 episode (I can't remember the title) count?

scarecroe

Reaction score
Does Big Bird blowing out birthday candles in a (circa) season 21 episode (I can't remember the title) count?
Yeah, probably! It depends on how the effect was achieved, I guess. Let me know if you remember which episode it was and I'll try to track it down and add it to the page.

scarecroe

Reaction score
Thanks, everyone! I added all those to the article as animated GIFs :smile: