Muppets Season 1 releases Aug 9, 2005

MrsPepper

Reaction score
You mean Sex and Violence? :wink:

No, it hasn't been announced. Check the "Muppet Newsflash" blog, he's got tons of info on the upcoming sets. We know for sure Sex and Violence will be on the set, but Valentines is unconfirmed. Last time I've checked, it depended on leftover disk space.
http://muppetnewsflash.blogspot.com/
There's also an FAQ about the sets at the link.

Kimp the Shrimp

Reaction score
MrsPepper said:
You mean Sex and Violence? :wink:

No, it hasn't been announced. Check the "Muppet Newsflash" blog, he's got tons of info on the upcoming sets. We know for sure Sex and Violence will be on the set, but Valentines is unconfirmed. Last time I've checked, it depended on leftover disk space.
http://muppetnewsflash.blogspot.com/
There's also an FAQ about the sets at the link.

The First Season On DVD For The First Time Ever!
THE MUPPET SHOW
SEASON ONE
The Ultimate Collector's Edition Available On DVD August 9
BURBANK, Calif. - It's time to raise the curtain on The Muppet Show! Join Kermit, Miss Piggy, Fozzie Bear, the Swedish Chef and more, in the first season of this groundbreaking twist on the classic variety show. The first season is on DVD for the first time ever. THE MUPPET SHOW SEASON ONE contains all 24 episodes, completely restored and remastered. Come discover for yourself the most sensational, inspirational, celebrational, Muppetational pleasures of THE MUPPET SHOW SEASON ONE, available on DVD in a 4-disc DVD set.

The first season of the Muppet's groundbreaking show features guest stars Joel Grey, Connie Stevens, Ruth Buzzi, Rita Moreno, Jim Nabors, Florence Henderson, Harvey Korman, Lena Horne, Peter Ustinov, Sandy Duncan, Candice Bergen, Ben Vereen, Phyllis Diller, Vincent Price, Valerie Harper, Ethel Merman, and more.

DVD Bonus Features:

Jim Henson's original "pitch reel"
The reel that propelled the Muppets' blend of original songs, sketch comedy and guest stars into a primetime hit for all ages.
Muppet Morsels
Original Pilot
Season One Promotional Gag Reel
Collectible Packaging - With A Fun, Furry Touch

Oliver

Reaction score
I don't see where it's mentioned in the press release... It indicates that the original pilot will be included (Sex and Violence?) and that's it. That doesn't really answer anything?

Beauregard

Reaction score
Greg of Muppet News Flash has informed us that Sex and Vilence is in the package, and the otehr one we have to wait and see on, a last-minute desicion will be made on it as far as I can see. So, until then, be thankfull that Disney everreleased a Muppet item with "Sex" in it's title and hope for the Valantines special.

Docnzhoss

Reaction score
That is a really fun trailer, thanks for sharing!

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
Docnzhoss said:

Yes i have to say it is! Statler & Waldorf at the end "are we watching the same show?" lol :smile: :zany: I already watched it 4 times in the last 10mins. I just love it! also over at Ultimate Disney.com they have three menus from the Muppet Show: Season One DVD set and two menus from the Muppets' Wizard of Oz DVD. link: http://www.ultimatedisney.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9977

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
Docnzhoss said:
It's just struck me that after watching the trailer, it looks like the original opening titles won't be used at all! :concern:

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Alright, just over a month away, and Wal-Mart.com still doesn't even categorize it in their "All August DVDs" section. They also don't have a picture up where they do bother to list it (in Disney DVD), and their only description is: "Restored"!!! :mad:

See for yourselves: http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.gsp?product_id=3996838

The only good side of their listing is the price, but how 'bout promoting it a little, huh? Sheesh!