Muppets resurgence at Disney's California Adventure

Should Henson get more involved with Disney?

• Yes, now is the perfect time

Votes: 25 28.7%
  • Maybe, if it's their best or only option

Votes: 37 42.5%
  • No, Henson should stay away at all costs

Votes: 25 28.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CrockAlley

Reaction score
I think Disney, as with Sony, Time Warner, etc, is a faceless corporation out for money, and Henson can do no good teaming up with them. It's sad to think that the creative genius of Henson is reliant on the finacial support of larger business, only because said business have squashed out any competeing smaller businesses. Companies like Disney (and their cheap $$-grubbing tactics) are the reason that companies like Henson are struggling.

beaker

Reaction score
Phil, all I know for certain is that related pic on the front of MC's main page is most ghastly. ^___^

Luke

Reaction score
beaker said:
Phil, all I know for certain is that related pic on the front of MC's main page is most ghastly. ^___^
Yeah there's something about that picture isn't there? Heather, Lisa, John and Cheryl all look like they're having fun but its a shame Brian Henson didn't turn up for the photocall! :eek:

muppetsforever

Reaction score
Drtooth said:
I think they should wait it out until Eisner is kicked to the curb. I feel the partnership could breathe new life into the Muppets (projectwise) if properly handled.

I completly agree with this :concern:

prawncracker

Reaction score
disney is ok ....ok

I would have to say it is ok with me. unless we get our own muppetland opening soon i say ride those coat tails. let them carry the burden so we can go and enjoy our muppens ok :rolleyes:

RockSTAR girl

Reaction score
oh wow my two favorite websites are talkin about my 2 fave topics. yay. i think henson really needs this right now. i mean yeah with the monumental success of their food commercials Hensons rollin' in the dough. ::sarcasm::. but this could really bring them back to the spotlight. we've already seen how much disney can do for something such as 'a bugs land' for Pixar's "a bugs life." could you imagine what they could do for the muppets? it would be a dream come true to have anything near to that for kermit and co. (minus the devotion to kiddie rides) the real question is Can it happen? can disney and henson finally work out a plan that would suit the both of them? i think we'll all have to see at this point, but i would be 99% behind them if they choose to give it another shot. :excited:

Bean Bunny

Reaction score
Phil,

Did that picture come form "Here Come The Muppets" that used to be at the Disney MGM Studio? If so, do have more picutres? I was at opening day for "Here Come Muppets" and the "Ninja Turtles" at the Disney MGM Studio way back in 1990. I took some pictures but they didn't turn out to well and that I was young back then.

Any who back to the regularly schduled topic.

P.S. I believe that an old issue of Mickey Mouse Magazine from 1989 or 1990 had a huge artilce about the Muppet coming to Disney. There was even a comic in the magazine with both Disney and Muppets character interacting. I will try to see if I can find it.

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
Bean Bunny said:
P.S. I believe that an old issue of Mickey Mouse Magazine from 1989 or 1990 had a huge artilce about the Muppet coming to Disney. There was even a comic in the magazine with both Disney and Muppets character interacting. I will try to see if I can find it.
Please do, Bean. Please do. :smile:

I just wonder if this will be IT. Could Disney and Henson finally have some sort of partnership which we have been speculating about for the past many years???

I doubt it.

Reaction score
I really hope that Henson and Disney can have a great working relationship. While there are +'s and -'s to working with Disney, I really would like to see the Muppets have more of a presence at the Disney theme parks. I absolutely love MuppetVision 3D and I loved Here Come the Muppets Live Stageshow when they did that. The waiting area was so cool. Bear in the Big Blue House is a great success. They have media outlets that can give them exposure. I wonder, with the ABC execs there now, if Muppets Tonight would last if it were on today? They renewed all their new sitcom shows, even It's All Relative. Seems that they want to give programs a shot. I have been very pleased though with Columbia's Henson video releases, like Rocky Mountain Holiday and such. I was very sad to see that Pixar is leaving Disney. Disney has a history and familiarity with public that is comforting. Although they have gotten off track, Disney was a great fit for Pixar's movies and characters. They got life in themeparks, spinoff cartoons, and merchandise. Disney was stupid to let the Muppets and Pixar get away from them in order to save some cash. They will pay for it in the long run.

alorindanya

Reaction score
Go for it.

Having worked at Muppet Vision 3D for a few months, I SO would love Disney and the Henson Co. to get back together. Financially, it is a must for both parties. However, Disney cannot control the Muppets. Murge, but don't kill the creativity.