1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Muppets receive Hollywood "Walk of Fame" Star

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by Phillip, Mar 20, 2012.

1. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

What a great time for Muppets!
  2. Pinkflower7783

I know right? And he's sitting next to Kermit. Lol!
  3. KermieBaby47

KermieBaby47 Well-Known Member

Thanks for all the pics and that great video segment!! ;) I really feel like the first famous Muppet shoulda been there... ROWLF!! :( Ah well, maybe he'll just get his own star someday? ;)
    frogboy4 likes this.
  4. Cindy

Cindy Moderator Staff Member

Found another video. It's much longer and better quality. And best of all it has Lisa's speech, which is phenomenal. Oh and a little extra something for the fans at the end.

Click here.
  5. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Wow. Did anybody notice that this star is for Film? Kermit's and Jim's stars were awarded for their work in television. It's nice to see they diversified with this one.
    :):o:mad:[​IMG]:halo::concern::rolleyes::grr:
    Muppet fan 123, Cindy and heralde like this.
  6. Pinkflower7783

I'll watch it when I can get to a computer I'm only on my iPod right now. :/
  7. Teheheman

Teheheman Well-Known Member

I wonder if this means, officially, that Kermit and Jim Henson, and to a lesser extent Big Bird, have 2 of the 5 stars? I mean, that could be the reason they gave em "Film" cause Jim Henson and Kermit have the "TV" one.

Daniel
  8. vettech28

vettech28 Active Member

Hooray for The Muppets! First, Jim got his star, then Big Bird, then Kermit, and now the whole gang gets their own star on the Walk of Fame! This proves that the Muppets are back, big time!:)
  9. zoebell

zoebell Active Member

i think miss piggy actually does deserve one too
    Pinkflower7783 likes this.
  10. Borples

Borples Active Member

Here are some photos that someone posted on Youtube. I'm going to link instead of embed, just b/c I have no idea whose this is and it seems more polite. There are some really good pics, and some amusing chicka-bow-wow music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHqzVmd6cNg

Edit: I was GOING to link, but I guess links to YT embed automatically?
  11. No1MuppetFan

No1MuppetFan Member

Here you go guys. A bit of a better quality vid of the ceremony.
    http://youtu.be/XpniCu000f0
    I so wish I was there to see them but I am praying that at the New York Pops "Jim Henson's Musical World" event at Carnegie Hall, The Muppets appear (especially considering I'm flying all the way from Australia for it!!!)
    Hayley B and Borples like this.
  12. DannyRWW

DannyRWW Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting the video. Muppet studios posted this one.
    Borples likes this.
  13. DannyRWW

DannyRWW Well-Known Member

Not as much footage but it has some more of the interviews
  14. Cindy

Uhm, that music is... interesting. LOL! Thanks for posting. There are some good pics in there even if they did call Lisa, Cheryl.
  15. Borples

Borples Active Member

Thanks for the vids, everyone! It's the next best thing to traveling all the way to the other side of the country to be there. Have I ever mentioned I love the internet? :D

According to Matt Vogel's twitter, the man on the far right of the Muppeteer picture is Bruce Lanoil. Mystery solved, thank you, Matt!
  16. Alvin

Alvin Active Member

Even though the audio is bad...it's great to see it! Wish one of the entertainment stations would have carried it. You saw all the cameras...there had to be SOMEONE who has professional audio and video.
  17. zootsuit

zootsuit New Member

I was there and lucky enough to talk with some of the performers afterwards, including Peter Linz and Muppet legend Dave Goelz:concern:. They were really great with the fans...even the furry ones. Dave and Peter both took pictures with me and my dog, haha. Probably one of the stranger photo ops they've been a part of. And my shirt's fuzzy because scrappy was shedding from all the excitement, I'm not part muppet or anything.:sympathy:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  18. Cindy

That's so cool!

That first picture is cracking me up becuase I've seen that "security guard" looking guy in a lot of photos from the event. He always looks incredibly annoyed. I guess Muppets aren't his thing. :mad:
    zootsuit likes this.
  19. Walter

Walter Active Member

SO AMAZING!!!!! :-D I do wish we could have seen more of the interviews though..

Walter:Almost as great an honor as standing next to Miss Piggy!
    Piggy: You gotta love this kid. -(who is he again?)-
    Kermit: Coffee Boy
    Walter: Walter?

LOL!!! Let it be known That Walter's official place is that of coffee boy!! That's one less thing for Scooter to do!;)
  20. Speed Tracer

Speed Tracer Well-Known Member

It's great that Eric pulled triple duty - does anyone know which character he played throughout the day was?