Muppets on "The Facts of Life"!

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Man, it's so cool to catch Muppety stuff on one of my favorite shows! :big_grin:

In the first season's 4th episode, "The Return of Mr. Garrett", Natalie, Nancy, Tootie, Cindy, and Molly are gamblin' in one of the girls' rooms. When Mr. Bradely and Miss Mahoney (headmaster and teacher, respectively) catch 'em, at one point Miss Mahoney says, "What we have here are the Muppets of Montecarlo!"

(1979)

Then in a season 2 episode, Jo doesn't want her dad to blab at her award ceremony the fact that he's been in prison, so she says, "I plan to sit right beside him and do all the talkin'." Then Mrs. Garrett says, "Kind of like the Muppets, huh..."

(1980)

Then today, in another season 2 episode, I noticed that in the girls' room above the cafeteria, Tootie has a Muppet poster above her bunk bed! :smile: I even have this episode, "Gossip", on another tape from a different station, but I never noticed the poster before! You can only see part of the bottom half, but you can tell it's Fozzie, Kermit, Miss Piggy, and Rowlf, lookin' "at you" and smilin' (you can see Kermit's face a couple of times, anyway).

(1981)

I don't know if the poster is there through the next 3 seasons while the girls are livin' there or not, but it was so cool to see! GO "Facts of Life"! FOL and Muppets rock! :big_grin:

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Been watching on the Hallmark Channel?

Foreignman

Reaction score
That's some fun stuff you noticed, shouldn't this be posted on the Muppet Television Appearances Section, though.

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Originally posted by Foreignman
That's some fun stuff you noticed, shouldn't this be posted on the Muppet Television Appearances Section, though.
I don't know---I mean, yeah, it's TV, but I consider that section to be for current and future appearances as opposed to rare references in reruns.

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Originally posted by Foreignman
Oh, I'm sorry, ForeignMan...I didn't realize this was a thread over in that appearances section! :embarrassed:

Thog

Reaction score
Don't forget when Blair gets the Kermit The Frog bookends. Thats around season 4 I think.

Dan

Gonzo

Reaction score
I remember I wanted Blair's bookends....even though I was in love with Jo...girls with ponytails, there's something about them...

I just called my son "Tootie" yesterday, but it's not because of his pigtails or roller skates...it's because he WAS Tootie. Darn Formula.

Byron, remind me to possibly tell you something about the Facts of Life that may or may not be Going Too Far. Later.

Quinnnnnnnnnnnnn

radionate

Reaction score
Quinnnnnnnnnnn,

Don't give Bryon any ideas about FOL. Some of us have to hear about it way tooooo much. It's unhealthy you know

Gonzo

Reaction score
On a sidenote, but still about FOL,

Mindy Cohen (Cohn?), who played Natalie, is now the voice of Velma in the new Scooby-Doo series being shot (well, drawn...) for Cartoon Network and WB. Which is fine--I think it's kinda sad because Velma and Fred were the only two who had the same voices for the 33 years Scooby's been around, and now they've replaced The Velma. Not sure if it was a contract or retirement.

Anyway, that's it. Velma is now voiced by Natalie, and Mindy is employed.

Quinnnnnnnnn