Muppets on Sporcle

Esiersdale

Reaction score
Hello,

I don't know how many of you are familiar with Sporcle, but its a website filled with timed games that help you waste time at school and work. I just built one for the Muppet Christmas Carol, and was hoping to get a little feedback as to how to improve it to make it more Muppet friendly and I figured no place was better than here.

http://www.sporcle.com/games/Eskimoed/muppet-christmas-carol1

There's a few others, including Bohemian rhapsody and lyrics to a few of the more famous songs. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

-Erik

Hubert

Reaction score
Hi, Erik, welcome to the forum! I just took your quiz, and it was very good! There's just a few minor things that I wanted to mention:

The major thing is the "vegetable vendor" question. I saw that it turned out to be the Swedish Chef, but I don't think that that description fits the chef well...I would say he was more of the party cook instead. In fact, when I saw that question, I originally thought that you were referring to an unnamed whatnot who was a vegetable vendor in the movie, making things really confusing.

Only other thing is that you had a few minor name errors. Bean Bunny's name shouldn't have a "the" in it, as some Muppets names have that, but others, such as Bean, do not. And the character that Fozzie played is called Fozziwig without the "e"

But other than those few minor errors, I really liked the quiz. Good luck and I hope you make more in the future.

Esiersdale

Reaction score
Thank you for the help. I want to find something more solid than party cook, but have put it in there as a temporary fix. I also changed Bean Bunny.

As per the Fozziwig, my quiz references the IMDB page, which has it spelled as Fozziewig. If this quiz gets popular enough to be noticed by the heads of Sporcle, they will be checking the source link. I might see if I can update the IMDB link first, and then change the Sporcle accordingly

Hubert

Reaction score
I'm not an expert on Sporcle, but do you really have to abide by every single detail that IMBD writes? I'm not sure that it's that big of a deal to change the word and have it slightly different from the source, can't say for sure though.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi. I would recommend you use Muppet Wiki and this forum as first-hand sources, and IMDB if you're looking for something that either source might not have listed.

Haven't read the original work, but you could give that a check online to see if there's a name or designation for the character who provided the food at Fred, Scrooge's nephew's party.
The Vegetable Peddler is indeed a nameless Whatnot who later reappears as the Beggar, you can find that info by searching for the character One-Eyed Jack from MTI at Muppet Wiki.

Hope this helps and welcome to the forums. :batty:

Hubert

Reaction score
Hi Erik, good to see you're still working on Muppet quizzes!

As far as I can tell, the quiz seems very good in the way of accuracy. I'm not catching any celebrity/movie mistakes. The only thing I have to say would be that the quiz can seem a bit confusing. At first I thought that you were saying that each of these people won for their Muppet movie performances, and it took a while before I understood you meant that they won in something else and happened to also work with the Muppets. Not sure how I would fix this myself though, and looking back at the title in a way it is pretty clear.

But my confusion aside, nice work. Hope to see more from you in the future.

Esiersdale

Reaction score
I got the same comment from one of the Sporcle editors and have updated the columns in the Oscar Winner quiz to reflect what movie the person won the Oscar for, and the other column saying the Muppet Movie he/she appeared in. I will be updating the Nominees quiz tomorrow to mirror it. Thanks for the input!

-Erik