Muppets on Fox

danielromens

Reaction score
So I'm thinking again, bored in my office, checking out the forum as I often do, and I run across newscorp. You know, maybe these guys are good for the Muppets.

Also the timing could be perfect. This next season is supposed to be the final season of the Simpsons. We need something to replace it's quirk. I think the Muppets would be great.

just a thought.

scarecroe

Reaction score
I just read an interview with Matt Groening from about a week ago where he said they had no plans to stop doing to show anytime in the foreseeable future. Did he change his mind already?

So who's this "newscorp" anyway? What do they own; what do they do?

grail

Reaction score
no, the interview you read was the most up to date, but the word hasn't really gotten out yet. originally this next season was suposed to be the last, but that's no longer the case.

newscorp, i believe is the parent company to Fox, Fox Films, etc...but they do have the most boring name this side of "Michael"

Luke

Reaction score
I think Fox wants to keep Simpsons going as much as anyone else because they are still raking in the money. Matt will agree because he no longer has Futurama to fall back on.

Thog

Reaction score
Even though Futurama may not be back on FOX, watch out for new Futurama stuff. He dosn't plan on letting it die.

Dan

radionate

Reaction score
OK, please tell me the Simpsons isn't going bye bye this next season. Every report I heard said it was going to run at least two more years. This is one of the best shows on TV, it can't die. Matt said he'd keep it going awhile longer. How credible are these news stories?

the_great_gonzo

Reaction score
if i can remember right, all the actors on The Simpsons have a contract for up to the 15th season, which is still like 2 more years. Also after that they have an agreement saying that they will make 2 Simpsons movies.

beaker

Reaction score
>>>OK, please tell me the Simpsons isn't going bye bye this next season. Every report I heard said it was going to run at least two more years. This is one of the best shows on TV, it can't die. Matt said he'd keep it going awhile longer. How credible are these news stories?<<<

Admittedly while the simpsons keeps geeting crepier and creepier, it is an american institution...and like SNL...this could run on for quite some time. However, it still puzzles me how Simpsons forums have infinite more members than a Muppets forum. oh well...

murgatoad

Reaction score
Originally posted by Thog
Even though Futurama may not be back on FOX, watch out for new Futurama stuff. He dosn't plan on letting it die.

Dan
IMO, Mr. Groening needs to work on making people give a **** about his characters. Every time I've attempted to watch "Futurama", I've gotten this "so what" feeling no matter what dire peril Fry and Leela and whoever are in. That's because all the characters ever do is dispense one-liners, and it doesn't matter terribly much who utters what. The cast has exactly three character quirks between them: Leela is the usual Groening long-suffering mommy type. Fry is a shallow twit. Bender's a self-centered *sshole. That's about it. The rest of the characters are ciphers. The cast of the excruciating "Family Guy" has more compelling characters than "Futurama", which is a pity, because of the two "Futurama" has a far more interesting premise.

beaker

Reaction score
murgatoad:

ture, but futurama does have that cool 3d effect sometimes. but yeah, futurama is a bit more glib...I mean frye and bender are so apathetic the whole planet could blow up and theyd just complain about lack of beer.

In 1999 futurama seemed so promising, but even Simpsons' most hardcore fans are yawning at it.