Muppets on Exhibit in Toronto Canada!

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I just got back from "Doors Open Toronto" an annual event here where they open up architecturally important buildings in Toronto to the public for free tours. I went down to the CBC Broadcasting Centre (among other places) for a tour and lo and behold I found lots of Muppet stuff!

The Muppets from "Sesame Park" (the Canadian Sesame Street) are on display as well as a Gorg clock from Fraggle Rock and Dodi in the airplane used in Sesame Park's opening.

All of these items were on display in the CBC Museum which is open daily to the public (it's free). I was also up in the TV studios on the 10th floor (not open to the general public normally) and saw a number of sets and props from "Sesame Park" in storage.

There's also a number of non-Muppet Canadian TV puppets on display including Uncle Chichimus, Rusty & Gerome (from Friendly Giant), The puppet cast of "Mr. Dressup" and items like the Mr. Dressup treehouse and tickle trunk and the Friendly Giant's castle.

I took as many pictures as I could and if you'd like to see them visit my Yahoo Briefcase and click on the "CBC Puppet Exhibit Folder". Most of the Muppet pics are up and I'll probably have the others there by sometime tomorrow.

If you live in the area or are coming to Toronto over the summer consider dropping by for a few minutes to have a peek. You can get more information on the CBC building and museum at http://www.cbc.ca.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Very nice. Thanks for sharing the pictures with us. Sounds like you had a great day.

I think they also had Mokey and Red on display for awhile as well. I might be getting this confused with another Canadian exhibit though.

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
They had Mokey and Red a few years ago....I think that exhibit was called "Growing Up Canadian" and the whole museum was devoted to CBC's history in children's television. It went down a year or two ago and moved to the Museum of Civilization in Ottawa, Ontario for awhile afterwards.

Some of the "Sesame Park" items on display were part of the old exhibit and some appeared to be new. Sadly, the only "Fraggle" item this time was a Gorg clock in a display case in front of the museum that was a prop in the show apparently. Unfortunately, I couldn't get a picture because too many people were standing in front of it but it was very nice. There are some photos of Jim Henson and some of the Fraggles and Gorgs on display throughout the rest of the CBC building.

King Prawn

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing, very nice and proffesional pictures :smile:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
That's cool to see the other Sesame Street Characters! Thanks for sharing with us!!