Muppets on Cliff's Nightmare episode of The Cosby Show

A

Agentflash

I know that Sweetums, Dog Lion, Gonzo, Statler, Leon (from The Jim Henson Hour), and Digit (from The Jim Henson Hour) were in the Cliff's Nightmare episode of The Cosby Show. What other Muppets are there?

electricmayhem

Reaction score
I was so upset, the one time I've seen that episode on, I slept through the part with the muppets!! :sleep: :mad: So in answer to your question, I don't know, Sorry:smile:

A

Agentflash

I actually saw:

A Pineapple
A Submarine Sandwich
A Green Hunchback Frackle
Beautiful Day Monster
Shakey Sanchez

And in the hospital audience there were:

A Pink Frackle
Luncheon Counter Monster
Boppity (The Blue Frackle)
Some Lobsters
Boo (from Little Muppet Monsters)
Jacques Roach

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Well, there's also...

Gonzo!

:concern:

Can't believe nobody mentioned him.
But yeah, there's also Sweetums, and Digit. I think that's the extent of the Muppets I can name. If anyone's seen the Vincent Price episode of the Muppet Show, there's a skit on there where a large monster eats a small orange monster to the tune of "I've Got You Under My Skin" and that little scared orange monster was on the Cosby Show episode.
I think some of them might have been created just for that episode, like say the Doctor who reminded Cliff of taking the Hippocritic Oath :smile:

But there's a bunch of familiar faces in there, and it's more of the scarier and monster ones.
I recognize a lot of them, but I'm not sure of their actual names. Sorry I can't be of more help. But anyway, I have the episode on tape and it's definitely worth getting. Gonzo talks about Cliff delivering a Koozbanian baby.:attitude:

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Sorry

Boy, do I feel stupid. I just noticed above that Gonzo was already mentioned in the first post.
Sorry

But Gonzo is the biggest character on there and probably the most recognizable. :concern: :smile:

I'm having fun with these smilies.
We gonna get one for Sweetums or Uncle Deadly?

Stulz

Reaction score
Cosby Muppets

All of the Muppets seen on The Cosby Show were mainly from The Jim Henson which NBC also aired in 1989.

The Muppets not from JHH were from various other henson productions like TMS. But Mainly they were all JHH characters that were featured.

Oh one more thing ... Only Dave Goelz, Jerry Nelson, Richard Hunt, and Jerry Nelson's charcters are featured. 'Cause I'm pretty sure that the next question to be asked..

:flirt: :sing:

scarecroe

Reaction score
Re: Cosby Muppets

Originally posted by Stulz
Oh one more thing ... Only Dave Goelz, Jerry Nelson, Richard Hunt, and Jerry Nelson's charcters are featured. 'Cause I'm pretty sure that the next question to be asked..
...and Kevin Clash :zany:

A

Agentflash

Actually, the small monster is Shakey Sanchez. He's the one being eaten by Behemoth. Shakey isn't orange. He's purple.

Stulz

Reaction score
and Kevin.. of Course...

Yes,

Of course Kevin Clash performing Leon and the old crazy monster dr. among others...

Chilly Down

Reaction score
Who performed the Hippocratic Oath? The voice is kind of like Beau's, so I thought it was Dave Goelz, but the last time I saw it, his voice seemed different, especially in the second half. Was it Richard maybe? Did the puppet get switched off in the middle of the episode? (Unlikely, I know, but the doubt lingers...)