Muppets Most Wanted Box Office Numbers

beaker

Reaction score
I don't feel as if the movie is doing that poorly considering the 2011 movie made 88 million total at the domestic box office and that's with it opening on the Thanksgiving weekend. It's not blowing anybody away numbers wise, but once the foreign markets start rolling in, the Muppets Most Wanted will still turn a profit pretty easily in my opinion. Just give it a little time.
I've noticed that my absolute favorite Disney movies of the last 15 years have all been films that either 1) Disappointed at the box office or 2) Did ok at the box office but got written off by critics and fans and are not very popular.

Emperor's New Groove, Up, Tron Legacy...love all these. Then there are some duds, which deserve to stay duds(John Carter, Lone Ranger) and while the series single handedly revived live action Disney...most agree Pirates of the Carribean 4 was attrociously bad

Drtooth

Reaction score
I've noticed that my absolute favorite Disney movies of the last 15 years have all been films that either 1) Disappointed at the box office or 2) Did ok at the box office but got written off by critics and fans and are not very popular.

Emperor's New Groove, Up, Tron Legacy...love all these. Then there are some duds, which deserve to stay duds(John Carter, Lone Ranger) and while the series single handedly revived live action Disney...most agree Pirates of the Carribean 4 was attrociously bad
ENG's a special case. Disney really didn't want that film to do well, and they managed to sweep it under the run, YET make a DTV sequel and TV series based on it. Hardly got merchandise and they thought it was good enough for a sequel and series. I don't get that logic. All I know is that it was originally this crappy Prince and the Pauper ripoff, and everything was going to be played straight, even Yzma... they made it a better film, some people were PO'd by it, and they acted like it was the worst thing ever... meanwhile, the second 101 Dalmatians live action film came out, and they promoted the crap out of that... :rolleyes::ouch:

So, a brilliant subversion of every Disney cliche there ever was rolled up into a hilarious film- something to be ignored. Lame, mission pack kiddy sequel film to sell plush toys -epic masterpiece. I repeat...:ouch:

goldenstate5

Reaction score
Emperor's New Groove, Up, Tron Legacy...love all these.

I'm confused, Up was both a huge critical and box office success. Until TS3 the following year, it was the second highest grossing Pixar film.

Anyways, update. http://www.boxofficemojo.com/daily/chart/

MMW stayed mostly flat (a tiny decrease of 3.5%) and made 1.1 million. The grand total is now 21.8 million. The weekend should bring it to 30 million, as most forecasts are predicted it to rake in between 9 to 10 million. So if it's higher than that number, that's definitely good news.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
I hope MMW can scrape more then $10 million, I mean last week I predicted the iflm to get $17 million and I was right. My forecast is $13 million.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
My hubby and I helped contribute to it tonight again (again)!!! I loved it better then the last time it's just so dang good!!! I even have to say I love the music better! I even thought the figs we're cute!! Never gonna get tired of Kermit in that helicopter scene! I went to the same theater and the attendence was much better it was very touching to see all the parents who probably grew up watching TMS with their kids and they actually laughed at the good parts!! And I heard a little girl say Kermit's name. It was just a great night!! All it has to do is come out DVD like now!

Also I went to the Disney store at my local mall today and at least in my store the merchandise seems to be selling well there were only a few muppet tumblers left and only one Kermit doll left. So hopefully things are looking up!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Also I went to the Disney store at my local mall today and at least in my store the merchandise seems to be selling well there were only a few muppet tumblers left and only one Kermit doll left. So hopefully things are looking up!
That's probably good, I guess. If the merchandising out performs the movie it does send the subtle message that people like the Muppets, yet won't bother to see a movie unless it hits home video or are dragged there. At least the future of T-shirts and plush seems salvageable.

But it would be a real pain not to restock the stuff if it sells out and the Planes stuff just...just sits there.