Muppets meet Jules Verne

Bellygrub

Reaction score
Well...sort of. I was looking for a way to display my MTI figures and I came across this old Mezco 20,000 Leagues play set. It comes with quite a few neat accessories that are mostly in scale with the figures.

It works out pretty well..though Sam is a bit large.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v136/RavenTwyst/muppets004.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v136/RavenTwyst/muppets003.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v136/RavenTwyst/muppets002.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v136/RavenTwyst/muppets001.jpg

Just thought I'd share for those with a similar dilemma!

GonzoLover85

Reaction score
Those look great.
I myself have been looking for something to display my MTI figures as well. Ship decks and whatnot... but this playset looks pretty good.
Nice find!

Bellygrub

Reaction score

j3h

Reaction score
Very cool! I forgot all about those mezco sets and you have shown that they do work well with the Muppet figures.
You have a very nice display set up there.

Bellygrub

Reaction score
Thanks j3h. I could only imagine what you could do with one of these sets. :smile:

I may make one more change. The porthole displays are pieces of card attached to the back side of the playset. I may pop those out and add in some different scenes. Perhaps a screen capture of the diving rats from the credits of MTI or some Muppety fish.

Or the Swedish Chef chasing a chicken past the window like the Elton John episode from Season 2. :hungry:

Dearth

Reaction score
Pretty neat find.

I've got some pirate toys that I use to display my Muppets Treasure Island figures with, including a too-small Jolly Roger that serves as the Hispanola in a pinch.

But I recently began collecting some other pirate action figures which have cool accessories and environments that might work for MTI... hmmm...

DN

j3h

Reaction score
...But I recently began collecting some other pirate action figures which have cool accessories and environments that might work for MTI... hmmm...

DN
Dearth, I think you and I are on the same page...I just recently got a series 1 dead mans chest Jack sparrow from neca which goes great with the MTI figures....I forsee Johnny depp being a guest star on my stage :big_grin:

Bellygrub

Reaction score
That sounds awesome. I want to see pictures!

Dearth

Reaction score
Close... but go a little further back. :wink:

I have begun trying to track down the eight action figures of the animatronic characters in the Pirates of the Caribbean RIDE.

So far I have three, and a line on three others. I think they're from about five years ago, and were sold only in the Disney Parks. The final two are eluding me at the moment, but I'm patient.

They're about six inches tall, and included partial environments and lots of little props. Very good scale with the Muppets, and my first thought was of the MTI Gonzo having a behind-the-scenes adventure at Disneyland, a la "The Muppets at Walt Disney World".

I exchanged emails with Disney Merchandising, and learned that the figures were also re-released last year at Disneyland Paris on smaller cards, but it was just the figures without the environments.

I did also buy a 7" NECA Barbossa, since he was added to the ride (replacing one of the eight animatronics done as figures, the original Blackbeard-ish captain of the Wicked Wench.) So I'll probably wind up getting at least a Jack Sparrow as well, since he was inserted into the ride too.

Dearth

j3h

Reaction score
oh OK, I know which ones you are talking about. I have the similar Haunted Mansion series of figures with the environments, but some of them are too small (groundskeeper is tiny). Some of these too were recently re-released on the small cards