"Muppets" in the Simpsons

Drtooth

Reaction score
D'OH!!!
As Simpson fans know, Kermit, Piggy and a couple others have been animated into the Simpsons (without express written consent to the copyright holder, I might add) Kermit and Piggy have been in the Episode "A Fish Called Selma" when a rained out ball game forced the local station to Run the Muppets go Midevil, starring Troy McClure. (oddly enough, the Kermit impersonation sounds kinda like Steve Whitmire's Kermit) In another episode, the one when Krusty fakes his own death, Kermit the Frog (as held by David Crosby) was at the Memorial. In fact, David Crosby holding Kermit has made it's was into the Simpsons cast Poster (look real hard, like you're readding a Waldo book). Also, Sesame Street was parodied. In Trash of the Titans, Oscar pops out of a garbage can. And in an episode where Homer runs from PBS pledge collectors, Big Bird Swoops down to capture Homer. In the church,a Garbage can is hurled through a window, Oscar pops out saying "Hand over the money!" followed by Elmo. "Elmo knows where you live. It may not be the real performers (the Simpson voice cast does the job) or the real thing, but why not mention it!

Foreignman

Reaction score
I've loved it when the Muppets are on the Simpsons. It's like taking two of my favorite forms of entertainment and combining them!

MIKEB97

Reaction score
Those were my favorite Simpson episodes. Have you ever heard of a cartonn on FOX called Family Guy? Bert and Ernie appeared in that show by starring a paradoy called "Homicide: Life On Sesame Street". They were drinking and got pushed out of the closet. Big Bird was also on Family Guy too. He was peeved as a girl made bird calls and he came for nothing. He said the "B" word which would never be used on Sesame Street!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah! I loved that on Family Guy as well. Wasn't there an episode of the Simpsons when the family was watching the Dinosaurs show? Then Earl Sinclaire comes in and tells Robby to "Turn down that Rocking Rock Music!!!" Then Bart says something like "They have a Bby too!" an implication that their families are similar (Stupid guy for a father, mother really being in charge, nasty boss). I think you get the idea.

MIKEB97

Reaction score
That was so funny! I'd loved to see Grover or Cookie portrayed in cartoon form.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Originally posted by Drtooth
D'OH!!!
in an episode where Homer runs from PBS pledge collectors, Big Bird Swoops down to capture Homer.
I didn't know that Big Bird can fly!!! Or swoop for that matter!!!

Drtooth

Reaction score
About Big Bird swooping, I'm sure it's his evil twin or something! He screetched instead of talked. Besides, it's a cartoon!

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Simpsons on Sesame Street

How about when the Simpsons were on Sesame Street? not really on the street but in Gover's "Wubba Wubba monster song" with many stars that have been on Sesame street singing it with him, the Simpsons pop up and sing too! then gover is seen at the end carring a photo of them and Bart says
"wubba wubba man!" and Homer says "Bart!"

Zack)Rowlf the,just thought i'd bring it up,Dog.

MIKEB97

Reaction score
That was pretty cool! Was that from the 1989-90 season or was it the 1990-91 season?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah!! I loved that one too! The celebrity version appeared on a special, I think!