Muppets in the News paper - Nov 19, 2004

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
hey gang,

Tonight in my local News Paper it talks about Disney "relaunching" the Muppet brand...

heres the web address www.the-leader.com i looked for the darn thing on there for a good 20mins and i couldn't find it, MAYBE some one here will? well any ways heres what it sayed....

Disney relaunches Muppet brand
By Gary Gentile
AP Business Writer

Los Angeles - The frog is back. Kermit, Miss Piggy, Gonzo and their Muppet pals are starring in their own new Web site (www.Muppets.com ) - the first in a searies of new creative efforts launched by the Walt Disney Co. since buying the Muppets in April. "Today is the first day of the Muppets being back," said Chris Cutin, general manager and vice president of Muppet Holding Co., the group formed by Disney to manage the characters. The site, which debuted Wednesday, features games, biographies of the muppet characters, screensavers and news about current projects, including the new film "The Muppets Wonderful Wizard of Oz", slated to air on Disney's ABC in May 2005. The movie is the first since "It's a Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie," which aired on NBC in 2002. It features singer Ashanti as Dorthy, Queen Latifah as Auntie Em and director Quentin Tarantino in a cameo role as himself. The film had been proposed some time back to ABC executives, but was not approved until Disney bought the characters. The charcters have been grouped togeather under the Muppets Holding Co., which is teaming with Disney's film studio, television network, Internet operations and other divisions to create new films, videos and TV shows in the future. The sale to Disney announced last February, also includes a four-year consulting arrangement with the Jim Henson Co. to provide strategic advice on the use of the characters and a three-year prodction deal to develop movies, television shows and other projects using the Muppet characters. The deal does not include the Sesame Street characters, which were sold earlier to the Sesame Workshop.

....*feeeew* thats alot of typin! lol :smirk:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing that.

You know one thing that's funny to me? All the newspapers and magazines print these nice articles, but basically repeat everything we all knew first! HA!!

It's like Jerry Nelson said at MuppetFest, "I always check MuppetCentral.com to find out what I'm working on next!" :smile:

McFraggle

Reaction score
I am happy to see all the press a Web re-launch got though.