Muppets in Mother Goose & Grimm comic

Crazy Harry

Reaction score
I just opened today's paper and saw that the comic Mother Goose & Grimm features Kermit and Fozzie sitting on a bench with Fozzie yelling, "Shut up or I'll bite you're @#!x* head off!". The caption below it reads 'Fozzie Osbourne'.

gymkatarules

Reaction score
Raise your hand if that's not funny. *raises hand* Oh, well.

-Chris

EmmyMik

Reaction score
I actually thought that was kind of funny.

Mike Peters is from Dayton (yay Dayton!), and he does a lot of political cartoons for the Dayton Daily News. So that's the Dayton connection to this story (I feel like the local news here. They try to find a Dayton connection to each and every story they do. Sometimes it's really sad)...

beaker

Reaction score
>>>Raise your hand if that's not funny. *raises hand* Oh, well<<<

*raises hand* Why does it seem whenever there is a Muppet reference in political cartoons its usually negative? Anyways, I know Ozzie posed with Kermit at the BBC thing, but what percepitated this comic?

Foreignman

Reaction score
*Shakes in fear of saying own oppinion...*
I'm with Emmy, I think this is pretty funny... Does anyone want to start a flame war, just for fun... I'll bring paper, someone else bring a blow torch, we'll have a jolly old time... :big_grin:

Crazy Harry

Reaction score
Originally posted by beaker
Why does it seem whenever there is a Muppet reference in political cartoons its usually negative? Anyways, I know Ozzie posed with Kermit at the BBC thing, but what percepitated this comic?
I thought it was just supposed to be a pun. I don't see anything political about it.

EmmyMik

Reaction score
Originally posted by Crazy Harry

I thought it was just supposed to be a pun. I don't see anything political about it.
I'm with you.

I see it more as a pun rather than a "When Good Muppets Go Bad" kind of thing...

gymkatarules

Reaction score
I certainly don't think it's negative. It's a pun. It's just not a funny pun. Comics went to garbage after Gary Larson retired. That's all there is to it.

-Chris