Muppets in Ladies Home Journal mentions Dec 8th for the Muppet christmas movie to air

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Well, we can throw this information in the garbage...and i was all exicited that i thought my mother found the date for this movie to air...;-)oh well.

Zack)Rowlf the, I don't have time for one of my endding's now, ask the magic 8 ball later...Dog.

Chilly Down

Reaction score
Zack, thanks very much for finding this info out! I see no reason to believe why Dec. 8 isn't the official date if it's printed in the magazine. Sometimes these things do change at the last minute, but if it was the date given to the magazine, it was the date NBC intends to show it. And as you noted, we should hear it from NBC themselves during Kermit's balloon at the Macy's parade. They always use that opportunity to plug the project of whatever float/balloon is going by...and what better thing for them to plug than the upcoming movie on the same network?

As for the date being "bad," I wouldn't worry, Luke et al. Over here in the States, the entire month of December is FILLED with Christmas programming. (In fact, it usually starts on Thanksgiving!) This is for two reasons: first, there's too much programming to pack into just that last week, and second, the big "event" programming usually isn't super-close to the actual date since most people are on vacation then (thus, lower TV viewership overall). So this isn't unusual or a bad sign. In fact, Dec. 8 sounds just right to me: people are in a Christmasy, present-buying mode, but they haven't been oversaturated with Christmas movies and specials at this point.

On a related note, to answer your other question, Luke: Christmas Day programming usually isn't all that hot over here either. People tend to be celebrating and not watching TV, so numbers are pretty low. So most stations just show sitcom reruns and stuff like that. There are a few exceptions -- TNT inexplicably shows "A Christmas Story" over and over again for 24 hours -- but for the most part, the main Christmas programming happens before the date.

It was also great to read that the Fox show is still in development at this point. It had been so long since we heard anything, I had almost given up hope. Hey, if they're looking for writers, I know someone who just moved out to this area...! ;-)

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Thanks CD, I hope this is on the 8th, if you have not read yet Stulz posted that
"A Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie will Air on Nov. 29th @ 8pm on NBC. The TV Movie WILL be avialible on DVD and VHS. "

i would rather it be the 8th because i'll be out of town, i don't doubt him because he has posted reliable info before, but i hope it's the 8th.

your right, not many people who celebrate Christmas watch tv that day, or not much of it.

Zack)Rowlf the, watching The Christmas Story 3 time's a day is always fun;-)Dog.

Luke

Reaction score
Sure they don't always put the biggest programming on xmas day but at least they ususally wait until mid-December. Either 8th or 29th are far too early for a project of this kind but i guess it will sell some DVD's. I doubt the dudes at Henson would have picked either of these dates !

Chilly Down

Reaction score
Ah, so that's what you meant by being wrong. It seemed an odd jump in this thread! ;-) Where did Stulz get his information? (I don't mean to doubt him; I just want to clear up the confusion. One of these reports must be wrong.)

If it is the 29th (day after Thanksgiving), that may not be bad. Sunday is the highest-rated night of the week, and the 8th is a Sunday. Friday is, I believe, the lowest-rated night of the week. However, they'd be going head-to-head with Disney's Sunday night offering on ABC, so maybe Friday is better for them. *shrug* We'll see.

Wonder if Nov. 29 is still technically considered part of the November sweeps?

I was planning to record this on video, SP setting. But if it's available on DVD, I may just have to buy it anyway!

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Ah, so that's what you meant by being wrong. It seemed an odd jump in this thread! ;-) Where did Stulz get his information? (I don't mean to doubt him; I just want to clear up the confusion. One of these reports must be wrong.)
LOL, yeah i did just throw it in meaning it from the other thread. I guess because it seem the info had changed and more people were interested in the other thread i'd just junk this one.:frown:

oh well, Stulz hasn't said where he got the info from, but i have read other posts from him saying that he can't give the soure where he got the info. i hope he can check to make sure and maybe this will air more then once, so we have yet to see.

Chilly Down

Reaction score
What thread is this in? I've looked around under Headlines but I can't find it. EDITED: Never mind, I just found it (under TV Appearances). I still wish we could get official word, one way or another. Does anyone have a cable guide? Those tend to list programs for the MONTH, as opposed to just the week. (The accuracy of those can't be entirely trusted either, though.)

CD
(Don't you love it when others are on the message board at the same time? Feels like instant messaging!)

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Here's your like instant message!!!

(Don't you love it when others are on the message board at the same time? Feels like instant messaging!)
LOL! I'm glad you found the link, i just E-mailed LHJ to see what info i can get out of them just incase.

Zack)Rowlf the, "just incase" Dog.

petrieboy

Reaction score
Has anyone called NBC to ask if they will have a DVD available for order at the end of the movie?

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just wanted to confirm that the Christmas movie is indeed airing on Friday November 29th. The December 8th date was in place when the Ladies Home Journal went to press, but it's recently been changed to Friday November 29th according to some folks at Henson.