Muppets in Ladies Home Journal mentions Dec 8th for the Muppet christmas movie to air

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
GUYS! guess what?!!?! NO! I don't read Ladies Home Journal magazine...but my mom does! and she just informed me about an artical in LHJ with an interview with kermit and piggy, it is bran new so you should still be able to buy it.

i'll type the aritcal, it's not...too long...but at least i won't miss spell words! Typo's don"t count!

Merry, Merry Muppets
Chewing the fat with Miss Piggy and Kermit

They"ve taken Manhattan, solved a great caper and journeyed to space. Now ,as the TV hit that started it all---The Muppet Show---turns 25, Kermit and company return to television in NBC's It's a Very Muppet Christmas Movie (DECEMBER 8!!!!!). and Kermit is about to be honored with his very own star on Hollywood's Walk of Fame. All this comes as a new prime-time show is being developed with Fox. We caught up with America's favorite amphiban and his porcine pal Miss Piggy for thier take on all the lastest Muppet mania.

LHJ: What mae you decide to do a made-for-TV movie?

Kermit: We've done TV specials , but we've never done a TV movie. So it's a whole new thing.

Piggy: We owed it to our fans. I adore doing motion pictures, but many more lucky people get to see moi when I'm on television.

LHJ: Did you encounter any difficulties while you wew filming?

Piggy: Just the usual intrigue that always happens on Hollywood productions. Vous know, " Who gets to be in a scene with moi? How long should the camera linger on moi's profile?"

Kermit: Well, we shot this one in Vancouver. It's not easy taking livestock across the border.

LHJ: How do you feel about the prospect of a new prime-time show next year?

kermit: It makes sense. We're frogs, pigs, and bears and they're Fox.

Piggy: We're going for all the charm of the original but with a hot, cotemporary feel. In other words, we're building the show around moi.

LHJ: Kermit, congratulations on your Walk of Fame star. Any responsibilities that come with that?

Kermit: You stand on a sidewalk and people take your picture.

LHJ: Piggy, are you jealous?

Piggy: Moi could never be jealous of dear Kermie. It's a sweet token of appreciation. As for moi, I'm holding out for a shrine.

LJH: Piggy, all these years in show business and you don't look a day older. What's your secret?

Piggy: Thanks vous. Moi's biggest beauty secret is this: When you start out perfect, don't change a thing.

Jennifer Hoppe (i guess she's the journalist)

Phew!~ OK i'm done! there are fully body photo's of kermit and piggy, the one''s show on the Nascar site.

So is Decmeber 8th the day!!?! it's on a Sunday then, and that sound about right for it. Wow and it's not too far away!!

oh, i think this artical needs a few corrections, the muppets never went up in space,and oh Miss Piggy, don't lie you have changed A LOT!;-)

lots of good news, i think this show is in more production now then we have thought.

My Mom really read the whole artical before she showed it to me, it's funny because after i read it i said thanks Momand she said yeah, it's funny isn't it?" I was like "What? you read it? and she said yeah, so they are getting a new show then? and i said... SURE!

Zack) Rowlf the, don't thank me for posting that my Maa'ma;-)Dog.

King Prawn

Reaction score
December 8th!!!!!! that's great... wait I live in the UK, well atleast all you lucky Americans can tell us what happened and the quicker they get it out on TV, the quicker we'll probably get it on DVD, if we get it.

By the way thanks for posting Zack and thank your mom (with an o not a u, how almost american am I) for letting you know, so that you could let us know.

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
No problem for posting, I forget sometimes that you don't have the same TV station in the UK or anywhere else in the world, I would think it would air at another date sometime in the UK, I also sometime forget that the whole world doesn't celebrate Thanksgiving, as each part of the world has their own holidays, so it's not like you can turn on CBS and see the Macy's thanksgiving Day parade.

Zack) Rowlf the, oh and one last correction... Kermit's the worlds favorite amphiban, noy just america's, miss Jennifer Hoppe Ladies Home Journal lady-type person!, Dog.

Luke

Reaction score
December 8th is actually a really awful spot for a christmas TV movie, especially on NBC - i really hope it's more like 19-25th December, thats when the viewing audience is largest and the ad money is big. I guess it's probably 8th though - i thought being such a big promo advert for all the NBC stars and the amount of money they've spent on it they would have given it better billing.

As for the UK, last i heard it was being mentioned quite a bit in the press here and would probably air sometime. Dunno if anyone has any more info on this ?

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I wonder...........

I know NBC's line up is pretty full with hit shows. ABC wouldn't have trouble kicking around some of it's programs, but that boat has sailed.

I don't think the date is too bad, but i did find it weird. I am wondering if they are trying to market the DVD as a Christmas gift. That would make sense! And it would be a good idea. NBC does that with most of their TV movies.

Luke

Reaction score
Yeah 'really awful' was probably an overstatement but if i was the producer and i spent ages in Vancouver doing a christmas movie for a huge network AND having the added inconvienience of having to add in a load of NBC talent 'just because' i wouldn't be all that happy with the time slot - unless as you say they plan to use the airing as a promotional spot to sell the DVD or if they repeat it again closer to Christmas. It seemed like they'd been building it up to be something bigger and i expected something actually christmassy, family AND a showcase for the channels talent to be Christmas week matierial or somewhere close. If it airs here it'll likely get a better slot in the schedule.

Just what do you guys have on TV during Christmas Day anyway ? Surely not more Friends & Fraiser ? We all sit down together at the dinner table here to eat and watch the Queen b*tch about what a crappy year she's had, then it's onto the latest chart acts (usually some rap group) get down with their homies on a music show, then some boring guy flys across the world to give presents to needy kids (wonder where they got that idea from ? Ho Ho Ho) and we usually finish up with someone dying or getting shot in a soap. It's such a happy merry time of the year in little ol' England !

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Well not that i know a whole lot on the subject, what the heck am i talking about i don't know anything! but we are still not 100% sure this is the date...i mean if a date was set i wouldn't think there would be a whole lot of changing and i don't think henson or the mag have an incorrect date this soon, so it mostlikey is the date. I'm sure that on Thanksgiving the date will be said at the Macy's Parade if not sooner weither it's the 8th or not.

I would hope it would air more then once, i don't know, you think a DVD/Video would come out this soon? i mean wouldn't there be pre sale orders for the video/dvd now on web sites? one month doesn't give a whole lot of time for chirstmas with everything so busy,it wouldn't even really be a month. In my mind i don't think we will see it on DVD anytime soon.

Zack)Rowlf the, hope my minds wrong,Dog.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Most every NBC movie (and that's really what this is) has had the TV offer to buy the tape and DVD at the end of the program. I think it's likely - I hope it happens, but there is also a chance it won't. Crossed fingers!!!!!

Oh, rushed delivery (like most of such offers use) is qute fast.:smile:

LadyHyde

Reaction score
Our Christmas Telly in the US is mostly-

Lots of Christmas Specials, Movies and the Disney World Parade. I have heard about a guy in the UK that literally celebrates Christmas every day and watches the Queen's address on video EVERY DAY.

Personally, I'd go crazy if I did that.

Luke

Reaction score
We had that Disney parade one year - i guess they thought the excitement of having something decent on TV for a year might lead to public disturbance the next so we never saw it again. I also interviewed that guy who celebrates christmas every day, i thought he was a bit of a shyster - he also claimed that the naked body of a young female ghost used to jump on the bonnet of his car everyday on the way home from work !